Close
Share on
Polaroid ID1660
Polaroid ID1660
+ 1 Video

Loading image...

Polaroid ID1660 Camcorder

£39.99
£29.99 £10.00 cheaper than 6 days ago
16MP 110g Dec 2012
Total Megapixels Full HD Weight Release Date
Reasonably priced
Owner reviews are average
Not robust
28 Reviews
eBay £29.99 Go to Store
Amazon UK £78.99 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 2 Stores | £29.99 - £135.40 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £10 (25%)

The price has dropped from £39.99 to £29.99 in the last 6 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 72% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 28% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Reasonably Priced

Four customers who reviewed the product wrote that it was good value for money. Julie Rs rated it 5 stars and she said “For the price and size, ideal”. Three years ago J. Nevill wrote “Good value for money easy to use”. Vidya Sagar Dhanda mentioned on Amazon “Still the camera is very very good for the value” in their review of this camcorder.


Reviews

Owner Reviews Are Average

On average, based on 104 owner reviews the average owner rating of this big total megapixels video camera is 66 out of 100.

Polaroid Has Good Reviews for Its Video Cameras

Average reviews across all Polaroid camcorders are good, however average reviews across just Polaroid's big total megapixels video cameras are unexceptional.


Design

Not Robust

One owner thought it was easy to damage or scratch.

Easy to Use

Four people mentioned in their reviews that the product was easy to use. Two years ago Jan Zciwonadz gave the Polaroid ID1660 a rating of 6 stars and he mentioned on Amazon “A bit disappointed since there nothing specail about it, since it straight for word and simple device to use and setup.” in his review of this camcorder. D.j. said on Amazon “Looks simple enough to use”.

One person reckoned that it was easy to use the menus. An anonymous reviewer said in her review of this camcorder “The video is passable however to HD settings (although there's HD”.

Read more Less

Nice Design

Two people who reviewed the product thought it was good looking. Max gave it a score of 5 stars and he wrote in his review of the Polaroid ID1660 “Nice looking little camera otherwise was just not for me to hand over as a gift”.

Good Product Quality

One owner said in their reviews that it was good quality. Vidya Sagar Dhanda rated it 7 stars and wrote on Amazon three years ago “Picture quality is really in full HD because I am watching the play back by connecting to my big screen television” in their review of this camcorder.


Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

Three people mentioned in their reviews that it was compact. Two years ago Lori G said “Compact and slimline - just the right size to slip into the pocket or handbag!” in her review of the Polaroid ID1660. Vidya Sagar Dhanda said on Amazon “I bought this compact digital camcorder to take with me on holidays to Canada” in their review of the Polaroid ID1660.

Very Light

The average weight of camcorders of this spec and age is 580g, and the weights range from 59g to 3.8kg. At only 110 grams, the Polaroid ID1660 is quite light compared to most of the other big total megapixels video cameras that have been around for around the same time as this video camera.

What does "weight" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

Polaroid released the ID1660 in December 2012.


Video

Full HD

Full HD

The Polaroid ID1660 is Full HD, as are most of the other video cameras of a comparable spec and age to this video camera.

Alternative Full HD camcorders currently available which you might want to consider include because of its better review score, the Vivitar DVR786 (£34.99).

What does "Full HD" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Maximum Video Resolution

This camcorder has a maximum video resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most frequently found maximum video resolution on big total megapixels video cameras that have been available for a comparable time to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Image Sensor

16 Megapixels Total Megapixels

This is a 16 megapixels sensor video camera.

What does "total megapixels" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers polaroid id1660redint, polaroid id1660black
Barcodes 00681066348178, 00681066385296, 00681066966600

Polaroid ID1660 Review Sources

To prepare this Polaroid ID1660 review we compared this camcorder to 576 other models. For each camcorder that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 138,553 product attributes, 23,579 camcorder reviews and 1,695,800 historical camcorder prices from 164 camcorder retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this camcorder compared to the other models as well as any areas where this camcorder is lacking.

Other Camcorders to Consider

DrivePro 100 vs ID1660

Transcend DrivePro 100 vs Polaroid ID1660
Transcend DrivePro 100 Polaroid ID1660
£ 74.98 £29.99
Larger Screen Size
0.5h Longer Battery Life
User Reviews Are Hugely Better
One Year Longer Manufacturer's Guarantee
£45 More Expensive

Sony FDR-AX1 vs Polaroid ID1660

Sony FDR-AX1 vs Polaroid ID1660
Sony FDR-AX1 Polaroid ID1660
£ 3,449.00 £29.99
Significantly Better User Reviews
Two Memory Slots
Bigger Total Megapixels
£3,419 More Expensive
Less Popular

DrivePro 200 vs ID1660

Transcend DrivePro 200 vs Polaroid ID1660
Transcend DrivePro 200 Polaroid ID1660
£ 89.99 £29.99
Newer by Seven Months
Better Manufacturer's Guarantee by One Year
Better Selling
£60 More Expensive
Feedback