Close
Share on
Ricoh Theta S
Ricoh Theta S
5 Images + 25 Videos

Loading image...

Ricoh Theta S Camcorder

£299.00
£254.20 £44.80 cheaper than 17 days ago
14MP 1/2 125g Oct 2015
Total Megapixels Optical Sensor Size Full HD Weight Release Date
Ricoh has good reviews for its camcorders
Supports HDMI
Very slow maximum frame rate
85 Reviews + 1 Award
gadgetgear.nl Silver
eBay £254.20 Go to Store
Amazon UK £299.00 Go to Store
PC World £299.00 Go to Store
See All 11 Prices from 11 Stores | £254.20 - £608.43 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £44.80 (15%)

The price has dropped from £299 to £254.20 in the last 17 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 74% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 26% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Ricoh Has Good Reviews for Its Camcorders

Ricoh big total megapixels video cameras have good ratings on average and across all camcorders Ricoh is one of the better rated brands. 85% of those that bought a Ricoh video camera would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was April 2017 when Ricoh released the Theta S.


Ports & Interfaces

Supports HDMI

supports HDMI

The Ricoh Theta S supports HDMI, as do most of the other big total megapixels video cameras that have been available for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Very Slow Maximum Frame Rate

With a maximum frame rate of only 30 frames per second, the Theta S has a quite slow maximum frame rate compared to most of the other video cameras of a comparable age and type to this video camera. The slowest maximum frame rate of video cameras of a comparable age and spec to this video camera is 30fps, the fastest is 60fps, and the average maximum frame rate is 48fps.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Full HD

Full HD

The Theta S is Full HD, as are most of the other video cameras of a comparable age and spec to this camcorder.

What does "Full HD" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Small Bitrate At Maximum Video Resolution

At only 16 megabits per second, the Ricoh Theta S has a quite small bitrate at maximum video resolution compared to most of the other big total megapixels video cameras that came out around the same time as this video camera. The bitrate at maximum video resolutions of similar spec video cameras that have been around for a comparable time to this camcorder range from 16 Mbit/s to 72 Mbit/s, and the average bitrate at maximum video resolution is 53 Mbit/s.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Video Resolution

The Theta S supports a 1920 x 1080 pixels video resolutions which is higher than most big total megapixels video cameras that were released more than a year ago. Most similar spec camcorders that have been around for around the same time as it support a 1280 x 720 pixels video resolutions. The worst video resolution of all video cameras of this age and type is 640 x 480 pixels and the best is 3840 x 2160 pixels.

What does "video resolutions" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Flash

Has a Built-In Light

The Theta S has a built-in light, as do most of the other camcorders that were released around the same time as this video camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have a Built-In Flash

The Theta S does not have a built-in flash. Most of the other camcorders that were launched more than a year ago also do not have a built-in flash.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Tripod Mountable

The Ricoh Theta S is tripod mountable. Most of the other video cameras of this type and age also are tripod mountable.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Ricoh Theta S has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other camcorders that are a comparable age to this camcorder also have a built-in speaker(s).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Built-In Microphone

The Theta S has a built-in microphone. Most of the other camcorders of a similar spec and age to this camcorder also have a built-in microphone.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Still Image

5376 X 2688 Pixels Image Resolution

The highest maximum image resolution of the Theta S is 5376 x 2688 pixels. That's 58% more maximum image resolution than the most frequently found maximum image resolution of 4032 x 2272 pixels. Across all camcorders that are a similar age to this video camera the worst maximum image resolution is 2304 x 1296 pixels and the best is 6048 x 3400 pixels.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Average Weight

At 125 grams, the Theta S has a fairly standard weight compared to most of the other camcorders that have been around for a similar time to this video camera.

What does "weight" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Image Sensor

1" Optical Sensor Size

This camcorder has a 1/2.3" optical sensor size, which is typical of many big total megapixels video cameras that have been available for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers ricoh n163690w
Barcodes 00026649107207, 00780746884729, 04961311901577

Ricoh Theta S Review Sources

To prepare this Ricoh Theta S review we compared this camcorder to 575 other models. For each camcorder that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 138,449 product attributes, 23,573 camcorder reviews and 1,484,300 historical camcorder prices from 164 camcorder retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this camcorder compared to the other models as well as any areas where this camcorder is lacking.

Other Camcorders to Consider

Panasonic HC-VX980 vs Ricoh Theta S

Panasonic HC-VX980 vs Ricoh Theta S
Panasonic HC-VX980 Ricoh Theta S
£ 549.00 £254.20
3840 X 2160 Pixels Video Resolution
Higher Maximum Video Resolution
57mm Smaller
4K Ultra HD
£295 More Expensive
Hugely Bigger

Sony FDR-AX100 vs Ricoh Theta S

Sony FDR-AX100 vs Ricoh Theta S
Sony FDR-AX100 Ricoh Theta S
£ 1,259.99 £254.20
Six More Awards
Moderately Better User Reviews
Better Expert Reviews
Smaller
£1,006 More Expensive
89% Bigger

Panasonic HC-V770 vs Ricoh Theta S

Panasonic HC-V770 vs Ricoh Theta S
Panasonic HC-V770 Ricoh Theta S
£ 331.18 £254.20
Considerably Better Expert Reviews
A Little Better User Reviews
79% Smaller
78% Bigger Bitrate At Maximum Video Resolution
£77 More Expensive
Bigger
Feedback