Close
It looks like you are browsing from
Go to Close
TVs & Displays
Photography & Video
Cooking Appliances
White Goods
Household
Technology

Sony BRC-H800
BRCH800

£7,050.00
Sony BRC-H800
78
Features
Good Features
53
Value for Money
Average
78
Age
2 Years Old
71
Kagoo Score
Very Good
Our Verdict:
A high image quality and good spec 12x optical zoom, 4.3kg camcorder
12x 4.3kg 20.4MP 1920 X 1080 (Full HD) Pixels Feb 2016
Optical Zoom Weight Total Megapixels Max Video Resolution Release Date
Compare
Share on
£
Prices

71

Our Verdict
Details
Reviews
Spec

Sony BRC-H800 Cheapest UK Prices

New Prices
Searching for prices in the UK
Sorry, no matching prices found.
Preston Media
£7,050.00
Delivery unknown
Go to Store
Report an incorrect price | Found it cheaper elsewhere?
1 Price from 1 Store | £7,050.00
Get Price Alerts

Sony BRC-H800 Price History

Should You Buy it Now?

Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. You may want to consider buying now before the price goes up. The price has dropped from £8,107.20 to £7,050 in the last 10 days. You may want to consider buying now before the price goes back up.

There is a 88% chance that the price of the Sony BRC-H800 will go up, and a 12% chance that the price will go down in the next 2 weeks.

Get Price Alerts

Historic Prices

71

With very good features but at over 2 years old, we have ranked the Sony BRC-H800 number 186 across all camcorders.

71

71
Kagoo Score
0
Reviews
79
Features
0
Popularity
54
Value for Money
78
Age
0
Running Costs

71

71
Kagoo Score

Why Has it Scored 71?

Looking across the entire KitVision camcorder range, the average reviews for all KitVision camcorders are excellent.
It is over 2 years old and it is likely that newer, better camcorders are available. View the latest video cameras 2018.
This camcorder has some good features, but is also missing a couple of features:
Bigger than average total megapixels
Larger than average optical sensor size
Very heavy
Only 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) pixels resolution

What is the Kagoo Score?

We calculate the Kagoo Score for each camcorder by looking at its reviews, features, popularity, age and value for money.

The Kagoo Score is an easy way to understand whether the camcorder is recommended.

The Kagoo Scores are constantly being updated. As newer, higher spec camcorders come to market, the older camcorders will gradually have their Kagoo Score reduced.

79
Features

Key Features

Bigger Than Average Total Megapixels
Larger Than Average Optical Sensor Size
Very Heavy
Average Optical Zoom
Only 1920 X 1080 (Full HD) Pixels Resolution
Supports HDMI
Full HD
Longer Than Average Minimum Focal Length (35mm Film Equiv)
Bigger Than Average Total Megapixels

Camcorders have total megapixels of between 0.3MP and 50MP, and the average total megapixels is 7.7MP. The Sony BRC-H800's total megapixels of 20.4MP is very big compared to most other video cameras. It is in the biggest 4% of all video cameras when ordered by this feature.

What does "total megapixels" mean? Less Edit
Larger Than Average Optical Sensor Size

The optical sensor size of the BRC-H800 of 1" is larger than 93% of all camcorders when ordered by this feature. The average optical sensor size of all video cameras is 0.37", with the smallest being 0.12" and the largest being 1.8".

What does "optical sensor size" mean? Less Edit
Very Heavy

Across all the video cameras the weights range from 50g to 7.5kg, and the average weight is 540g. The weight of the Sony BRC-H800 of 4.3kg is in the heaviest 1% of all video cameras when ordered by this feature.

What does "weight" mean? Less Edit
Average Optical Zoom

The BRC-H800's optical zoom of 12x is relatively typical compared to most other video cameras. It is bigger than 55% of all video cameras when sorted by this feature.

What does "optical zoom" mean? Less Edit
Only 1920 X 1080 (Full HD) Pixels Resolution

This camcorder has a max video resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, which is the most commonly found resolution on camcorders. §.

What does "max video resolution" mean? Less Edit
Supports HDMI
loading image

The Sony BRC-H800 supports HDMI. 64% of video cameras also support HDMI.

What is HDMI? Less Edit
Full HD
loading image

The BRC-H800 is Full HD, as are 60% of video cameras.

Chart Hide Chart What does "Full HD" mean? Less Edit
Longer Than Average Minimum Focal Length (35mm Film Equiv)

The BRC-H800's minimum focal length (35mm film equiv) of 80mm is in the longest 3% of all video cameras when ranked by this feature. The minimum focal lengths (35mm film equiv) of video cameras range from 10mm to 500mm, and the average minimum focal length (35mm film equiv) is 35mm.

Chart Hide Chart What does "minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)" mean? Less Edit
54
Value for Money

Value for Money

We determine value for money by calculating a quality score for each product based on its reviews, features and age, and then comparing this quality score to the product price. A camcorder with a high quality score and low price will get a good value for money score.

The price has dropped from £8,107.20 to £7,050 in the last 10 days. Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

The chart below compares the value for money of the Sony BRC-H800 against some of its competitors.

Good Value For Money Poor Value For Money
78
Age

Release Date

Sony released the BRC-H800 in February 2016.

View the latest 2018 camcorders

Newer Camcorders Worth Considering

72

loading image
£8,499.00
14 months newer
Better brand

71

loading image
£2,677.00
2 months newer
£4,373 Cheaper
Two times shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)

76

loading image
£2,339.00
8 months newer
£4,711 Cheaper
Significantly lighter
loading image
£1,949.00
20 months newer
£5,101 Cheaper

77

loading image
£329.00
28 months newer
£6,721 Cheaper
14x lighter

82

loading image
1 month newer
£6,871 Cheaper
Two times shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)

86

loading image
£172.77
15 months newer
£6,877 Cheaper
Significantly lighter

86

loading image
12 months newer
£6,900 Cheaper
Better brand

When Are Most New Sony Video Cameras Released?

January to February is the most common period for new Sony video cameras to be released in. If you want the latest Sony video camera features you may want to consider waiting until January 2019. Alternatively you might be able to buy one of the current Sony video cameras cheaper in January once the latest models have been released. The biggest month last year for new Sony camcorder releases was February, with five new Sony camcorders released that month. October was the biggest month in 2016 for new Sony video cameras, with six new Sony video cameras released that month. In January 2015 five new Sony camcorders were released making it the biggest month that year for new Sony video camera releases.

How Fast Do Sony Camcorder Prices Drop After Release?

Sony camcorders tend to depreciate faster than most video cameras. Most video cameras drop in price by 5% in the first 6 months after release. New Sony camcorders drop in price by an average of 15% in the first 6 months after they wer first released. That means a saving of £176 on a typical £1,201 new Sony video camera if you wait 6 months before buying.

Manufacturer's Description

The BRC-H800 remote camera combines uncompromising broadcast picture quality and smooth, silent PTZ operation with the flexibility of 3G-SDI and HDMI connections. Designed for unattended operation, this compact but powerful robotic camera is an ideal complement to other broadcast cameras for capturing images in hard-to-reach or unobtrusive positions. It
Sorry, we couldn't find any reviews for the Sony BRC-H800

Sony BRC-H800 Specification

Key Features
Optical Zoom
Weight
Total Megapixels
Max Video Resolution
Lens System
Minimum Focal Length (35mm Film Equiv)
Focal Length Range (F-F)
Video
Full HD
HD Type
Supported Video Modes
Image Sensor
Optical Sensor Size
Sensor Type
Focusing
Focus Adjustment
Camera
Camcorder Type
Minimum Illumination
Design
Colour
Ports & Interfaces
HDMI
Weight & Dimensions
Height
Depth
Width
Other Features
Lens Focal Range
Power Requirements
Accessories Included
Horizontal Resolution

Sony BRC-H800 - Other Camcorders Worth Considering

(124 reviews)
£ 4,980.00
£2,070 Cheaper
Lighter
2x shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)

£ 2,677.00
£4,373 Cheaper
Two times shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)
90% lighter

£ 2,339.00
£4,711 Cheaper
Significantly lighter
56mm shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)

(3 reviews)
£ 1,949.00
£5,101 Cheaper

(102 reviews)
£ 1,480.00
£5,570 Cheaper
44 times lighter
Better manufacturer's guarantee by one year

(4 reviews)
£ 920.95
£6,129 Cheaper
1.3kg lighter

(360 reviews)
£ 670.00
£6,380 Cheaper
Lighter
7x shorter minimum focal length (35mm film equiv)

Today's Best Camcorder Deals

£25 Price Drop
loading image
472
£200
£174.99
Optical Zoom
1x
Weight
125g
Total Megapixels
14MP
£30 Price Drop
loading image
£249
£219.00
Optical Zoom
50x
Weight
252g
Total Megapixels
2.51MP
£10 Price Drop
loading image
213
£169
£159.00
Optical Zoom
50x
Weight
211g
Total Megapixels
2.51MP
£39 Price Drop
loading image
£239
£199.97
Optical Zoom
1x
Weight
178.6g
Total Megapixels
3MP
View More Camcorder Deals
Sony BRC-H800
Preston Media
£7,050.00 Buy Now
£
Prices

71

Our Verdict
Details
Reviews
Spec

×