Close
Share on
Sony PXW-Z100
Sony PXW-Z100
5 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

Sony PXW-Z100 Camcorder

£5,641.00
£5,220.00 £421.00 cheaper than 44 days ago
18.9MP 1/2 2.5kg May 2014
Total Megapixels Optical Sensor Size Full HD Weight Release Date
Sony camcorders have good reviews
Price has dropped by £421.00
Quite large display diagonal
TNP Broadcast £5,220.00 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 3 Stores | £5,220.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Sony Camcorders Have Good Reviews

Based on 4,270 user and expert reviews (including 352 verified purchases), Sony has good ratings for its video cameras. Sony also has good ratings specifically for its big total megapixels video cameras compared to other manufacturers. 91% of those that bought a Sony video camera would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £421 (7%)

The price has dropped from £5,220 to £5,220 in the last 44 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 38% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 62% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Pricey

After checking the price of 28 video cameras that have been around for more than two years they range in price from £29 to £5,220. We think that this Sony camcorder looks expensive compared to other video cameras that have been around for more than two years.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

This Sony video camera has been on the market since April 2017.


Display

Quite Large Display Diagonal

With a display diagonal of 3.5 inches, the PXW-Z100's display diagonal is one of the largest amongst big total megapixels video cameras that are a similar age to this video camera. The display diagonals of video cameras that were released around the same time as this camcorder range from 2" to 7.6", and the average display diagonal is 3.1".

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Battery

Average Battery Life (max)

At 2.75 hours, the PXW-Z100 has a pretty typical battery life (max) compared to most of the other camcorders of a similar type and age to this camcorder.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Full HD

Full HD

The Sony PXW-Z100 is Full HD, as are most of the other video cameras of this age and type.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

4096 X 2160 Pixels Maximum Video Resolution

The Sony PXW-Z100 has a 4096 x 2160 pixels maximum video resolution which is higher than the 640 x 480 pixels maximum video resolution found on most camcorders that have been on the market for a comparable time to it.

A 4096 x 2160 pixels maximum video resolution is in fact the best maximum video resolution across all video cameras of a similar age and type to this camcorder.

The worst maximum video resolution across comparable types of camcorder is 640 x 480 pixels.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lens System

Has an Image Stabilizer

The PXW-Z100 has an image stabilizer, as do most of the other video cameras that were released around the same time as this camcorder.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Big Optical Zoom

The optical zooms of camcorders of a similar age and type to this video camera range from 1x to 25x, and the average optical zoom is 13x. The PXW-Z100 has a quite big optical zoom (20 times zoom factor) compared to most of the other video cameras of a comparable age and type to this camcorder.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Low Maximum Aperture Number

The lowest maximum aperture number of camcorders of a comparable spec and age to this video camera is 1.6, the highest is 11, and the average maximum aperture number is 4. When compared to other camcorders of this type and age that we have checked, the maximum aperture number of the Sony PXW-Z100 of only 1.6 is one of the lowest.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very High Minimum Aperture Number

The lowest minimum aperture number of big total megapixels video cameras that were released more than two years ago is 1.1 and the highest is 11. With a minimum aperture number of 11, the PXW-Z100 has a very high minimum aperture number compared to most of the other video cameras of this type and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports HDMI

supports HDMI

The PXW-Z100 supports HDMI. Most of the other camcorders of this age and spec also support HDMI.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Two USB 2.0 Ports

The PXW-Z100 is a two USB 2.0 port camcorder. Most of the other similar spec camcorders that have been on the market for more than two years only have one USB 2.0 port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Composite Video Out

The PXW-Z100 has a composite video out. Most of the other camcorders of a comparable age and spec to this video camera also have a composite video out.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an XLR in

The Sony PXW-Z100 has an XLR in. Most of the other video cameras of this type and age also have an XLR in.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a DC-In Jack

The PXW-Z100 has a DC-in jack. Most of the other comparable spec video cameras that have been on the market for more than two years also have a DC-in jack.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Headphone Outputs

The Sony PXW-Z100 has a headphone outputs, as do most of the other similar spec video cameras that were launched around the same time as this camcorder.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

White Balance

Features Outdoor White Balance

The Sony PXW-Z100 features outdoor white balance. Most of the other big total megapixels video cameras that came out more than two years ago also feature outdoor white balance.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Has a Built-In Microphone

The PXW-Z100 has a built-in microphone, as do most of the other big total megapixels video cameras that were launched around the same time as this video camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Image Sensor

1" Optical Sensor Size

This camcorder has a 1/2.3" optical sensor size, which is typical of many big total megapixels video cameras that are a comparable age to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Heavy

With a weight of 2.5 kilograms, the Sony PXW-Z100 is one of the heavier camcorders of a similar age and type to this camcorder amongst big total megapixels video cameras of this age. Video cameras of this spec and age have weights of between 59g and 3.8kg.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers sony discpxwz100c, sony pxwz100c
Barcodes 04905524961652

Other Camcorders to Consider

Panasonic HC-V770 vs Sony PXW-Z100

Panasonic HC-V770 vs Sony PXW-Z100
Panasonic HC-V770 Sony PXW-Z100
£ 331.18 £5,220.00
£4,889 Cheaper
Smaller
Smaller
Lower Minimum Aperture
1.75h Shorter Battery Life
One Less USB 2.0 Port

Sony PXW-X70 vs Sony PXW-Z100

Sony PXW-X70 vs Sony PXW-Z100
Sony PXW-X70 Sony PXW-Z100
£ 1,978.80 £5,220.00
£3,241 Cheaper
Lower Minimum Aperture
1.6kg Lighter
89.5mm Smaller
Only 1920 X 1080 Pixels Maximum Video Resolution
Only Dolby Digital Audio System

Canon XC10 vs Sony PXW-Z100

Canon XC10 vs Sony PXW-Z100
Canon XC10 Sony PXW-Z100
£ 1,500.00 £5,220.00
£3,720 Cheaper
Lower Minimum Aperture
1.5kg Lighter
Smaller
Only One USB 2.0 Port
10x Smaller Optical Zoom
Feedback