Close
Share on
Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
31 Images

Loading image...

Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L is USM Digital Camera

£2,497.00
SLR 13.3MP CMOS 4x Jul 2008
Camera Type Megapixel Sensor Type Digital Zoom Release Date
Canon digital cameras have excellent reviews
Not cheap
Quite small digital zoom
mifsudsphotographic £2,497.00 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 2 Stores | £2,497.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Canon Digital Cameras Have Excellent Reviews

We checked 34,684 expert and user reviews (including 1,256 verified purchases) for Canon digital cameras and found that on average Canon has excellent ratings compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Canon has excellent ratings specifically within its low megapixel digital cameras range. 92% of those that bought a Canon digital camera would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by 52% (52%)

There was a cheaper price of £1,199 on eBay 57 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 74% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 26% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Not Cheap

We checked 23 low megapixel digital cameras that came out more than two years ago and they range in price from £24 to £2,497. We think that this camera looks expensive compared to other low megapixel digital cameras that came out more than two years ago.


Lens System

Quite Small Digital Zoom

The smallest digital zoom of similar spec cameras that have been on the market for more than two years is 0.71x, the biggest is 14x, and the average digital zoom is 4.1x. When compared to other cameras that have been available for around the same time as this digital camera that we have checked the digital zoom of, the EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM's digital zoom of only 0.71 times zoom factor is one of the smallest.

What does "digital zoom" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Big Optical Zoom

At 10 times zoom factor, the EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a fairly big optical zoom compared to most of the other low megapixel digital cameras that are a similar age to this camera. Across all the cameras of this age and type the optical zooms range from 1x to 50x, and the average optical zoom is 7.4x.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other

Released Over Nine Years Ago

This Canon camera was released in July 2008.


Other Features

Has a Built-In Flash

has a built-in flash

The EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a built-in flash, as do most of the other cameras of this type and age.

What is a built-in flash? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a USB 2.0 Port

The EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a USB 2.0 port. Most of the other cameras of a similar spec and age to this camera also have a USB 2.0 port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Picture Quality

Has an Image Stabilizer

The EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has an image stabilizer, as do most of the other digital cameras that have been available for more than two years.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

12.8 Megapixels Megapixel

This is a 12.8 megapixels camera.

What does "megapixel" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Average Display Diagonal

At 2.5 inches, the Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a fairly standard display diagonal compared to most of the other digital cameras of this age and type.

What does "display diagonal" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Energy Star Certified

The EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM is Energy Star certified, unlike most of the other digital cameras of a similar type and age to this camera which are not Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Camera

Features Histogram

The Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM features histogram, as do most of the other cameras of a comparable spec and age to this digital camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports PictBridge

The Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM supports PictBridge. Most of the other low megapixel digital cameras that have been on the market for more than two years also support PictBridge.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Light Exposure

Supports Six ISO Sensitivities

The Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a greater number of ISO speeds than most cameras of a similar spec and age to it. This camera supports a 400 ISO sensitivity, which is the most frequently supported ISO sensitivity supported by similar spec cameras that have been on the market for around the same time as this digital camera. The ISO sensitivities "100", "200", "800", "1600" and "Auto" are also supported by this Canon camera.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Viewfinder

Very Low Magnification

Cameras of this age and type have magnifications of between -2x and 20x. At only 0.71 times zoom factor, the Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has a quite low magnification compared to most of the other low megapixel digital cameras that were released more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Very Heavy

The lightest camera of this spec and age is 50g and the heaviest is 1.3kg. With a weight of 810 grams, the EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM is very heavy compared to most of the other low megapixel digital cameras that were released more than two years ago.

What does "weight" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Focusing

Very Large Closest Focusing Distance

With a closest focusing distance of 0.45 meters, the EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM has one of the largest closest focusing distances amongst low megapixel digital cameras of this age. The closest focusing distances of cameras of a comparable age and type to this camera range from 0.01m to 0.45m.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers circuit street cs5ds702001635pk1, canon amzrefb0043cr, circuit street f28l, paging zone eos5dsr, paging zone f4556l, canon 0581c004aa, canon 0582c014aa, canon 0581c008aa, paging zone f28l, canon eos5dsr, canon f28l, canon f12l, canon f40l, mr14ex
Barcodes 00006536089031, 00006536110215, 00013803256963, 00400037780126, 00636980402680, 04549292037821, 05056129202905, 06200533993785, 06200533993815, 06200533993839, 06200533993846, 06200533993860, 08714574500423, 08714574500447, 08714574509532, 08714574509549, 08714574509792, 08714574509822, 08714574627854, 08714574627861, 08714574628080, 08714574628189, 08714574959115, 08714574959146, 08714574959160, 08714574959917, 08714574962863, 08714574963594, 08714574963600, 08714574972138

Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM Review Sources

To prepare this Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM review we compared this digital camera to 1,217 other models. For each digital camera that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 298,997 product attributes, 171,823 digital camera reviews and 3,191,700 historical digital camera prices from 0 digital camera retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this digital camera compared to the other models as well as any areas where this digital camera is lacking.

Other Digital Cameras to Consider

D90 vs EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM

Nikon D90 vs Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
Nikon D90 Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
£ 68.07 £2,497.00
£2,429 Cheaper
01net.com Review is Significantly Better
PC Advisor.co.uk Review is Significantly Better
Thinkcamera.com Review is Significantly Better
Four Times Less Total Megapixel Count
Fifty Less Auto Focus Points

D3300 vs EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM

Nikon D3300 vs Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
Nikon D3300 Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
£ 460.51 £2,497.00
£2,036 Cheaper
Hugely Better Review from About.com
Significantly Lighter
TFT Display
2x Lower Megapixel Count
Hugely Worse Review from Mac World

EOS 60D vs EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM

Canon EOS 60D vs Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D & EF 24-105 4L IS USM
£ 659.00 £2,497.00
£1,838 Cheaper
Two Years Newer
Seven More Awards
Expert Reviews Are Slightly Better
Significantly Less Total Megapixel Count
Fifty-Two Less Auto Focus Points
Feedback