Close
It looks like you are browsing from
Go to Close
TVs & Displays
Photography & Video
Cooking Appliances
White Goods
Household
Technology

Smeg CO232

£523.43
Smeg CO232
73
Features
Good Features
59
Value for Money
Average
61
Age
5 Years Old
86
Running Costs
£440 Over 10 Years
70
Kagoo Score
Very Good
Our Verdict:
A very economical to run and good spec 230L capacity freezer
230L Chest 1,100mm 860mm Mar 2013 A++
Freezer Net Capacity Type Width Height Release Date Energy Efficiency
Compare
Share on
£
Prices

70

Our Verdict
Details
Reviews
Spec

Smeg CO232 Cheapest UK Prices

New Prices
Searching for prices in the UK
Sorry, no matching prices found.
loading image
9 hours agoPay in InstallmentsAmazon A-Z Guarantee
£523.43
FREE Standard delivery
Go to Store
Report an incorrect price | Found it cheaper elsewhere?
1 Price from 1 Store | £523.43
Get Price Alerts

Should You Buy it Now?

Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There was a cheaper price of £420.22 on Amazon UK 18 days ago. We predict that the price will go down again.

There is a 68% chance that the price of the Smeg CO232 will go down, and a 32% chance that the price will go up in the next 2 weeks.

Get Price Alerts

Historic Prices

70

With low running costs and very good features, we have ranked the Smeg CO232 number 395 in medium freezers and number 517 across all freezers.

70

70
Kagoo Score
0
Reviews
74
Features
0
Popularity
60
Value for Money
61
Age
86
Running Costs

70

70
Kagoo Score

Why Has it Scored 70?

Looking across the entire Hisense freezer range, the average reviews for all Hisense freezers are excellent.
It is over 2 years old and it is likely that newer, better freezers are available. View the latest freezers 2018.
This freezer has an energy efficiency classification of A++, and its running costs of £440 over 10 years are typical compared to the other 1,655 freezers that we have compared it to. View all energy saving freezers.
It has some good features, but is also missing a couple of features:
Higher than average freezer net capacity
Very long storage time during power failure
Smaller than average freezing capacity

What is the Kagoo Score?

We calculate the Kagoo Score for each freezer by looking at its reviews, features, popularity, age, value for money and running costs.

The Kagoo Score is an easy way to understand whether the freezer is recommended.

The Kagoo Scores are constantly being updated. As newer, higher spec freezers come to market, the older freezers will gradually have their Kagoo Score reduced.

74
Features

Key Features

Higher Than Average Freezer Net Capacity
Very Long Storage Time During Power Failure
Smaller Than Average Freezing Capacity
Higher Than Average Freezer Net Capacity
loading image

Freezers have freezer net capacities of between 22L and 1,000L, and the average freezer net capacity is 200L. The freezer net capacity of the Smeg CO232 of 230L is higher than average when compared to most other freezers. It is in the highest 35% of all freezers when ordered by this feature.

What does "freezer net capacity" mean? Less Edit
Very Long Storage Time During Power Failure
loading image

Freezers have storage time during power failures of between 2h and 100h, and the average storage time during power failure is 26h. The Smeg CO232's storage time during power failure of 67h is very long compared to most other freezers. It is in the longest 3% of all freezers when sorted by this feature.

What does "storage time during power failure" mean? Less Edit
Smaller Than Average Freezing Capacity

The freezing capacity of the Smeg CO232 of only 12kg/24h is smaller than average when compared to most other freezers. It is smaller than 74% of all freezers when ordered by this feature.

What does "freezing capacity" mean? Less Edit
60
Value for Money

Value for Money

We determine value for money by calculating a quality score for each product based on its reviews, features and age, and then comparing this quality score to the product price. A freezer with a high quality score and low price will get a good value for money score.

There was a cheaper price of £420.22 on Amazon UK 18 days ago.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

The chart below compares the value for money of the Smeg CO232 against some of its competitors.

Good Value For Money Poor Value For Money
61
Age

Release Date

Smeg released the CO232 in March 2013.

View the latest 2018 freezers

Newer Freezers Worth Considering

83

loading image
£525.08
49 months newer
Better brand
Cheaper to run by £150 over five years

73

loading image
12 months newer
46% larger freezing capacity

70

loading image
£539.00
44 months newer
Better brand
£360 cheaper to run over five years

72

loading image
£542.02
31 months newer
Better brand

69

loading image
44 months newer
Better brand
loading image
£549.00
5 months newer

81

loading image
£549.99
48 months newer
Better brand
Energy efficiency rating is superior

77

loading image
£559.85
48 months newer
Better brand

76

loading image
£479.00
4 months newer
£44 Cheaper
Better brand

75

loading image
£575.00
20 months newer
Better brand
Superior energy efficiency rating

74

loading image
£579.99
35 months newer
Better brand
60% larger freezing capacity

80

loading image
£465.60
4 months newer
£58 Cheaper
A lot larger freezing capacity

74

loading image
44 months newer
£60 Cheaper
Better brand

72

loading image
12 months newer
£74 Cheaper
37% larger freezing capacity

72

loading image
43 months newer
20% larger freezing capacity

73

loading image
£434.15
31 months newer
£89 Cheaper
Better brand

When Are Most New Smeg Freezers Released?

The most common period for new Smeg freezers to be released in is between July and September. That means that most of the latest Smeg freezer technology was released in within the last 3 months, and now is good time to buy. In July 2017 two new Smeg freezers were released making it the biggest month that year for new Smeg freezer releases. October was the biggest month in 2016 for new Smeg freezers, with four new Smeg freezers released that month. In 2015 most new Smeg freezers were released in September, with six new Smeg freezers released that month.

How Fast Do Smeg Freezer Prices Drop After Release?

Most freezers drop in price by 2% in the first 6 months after release, however Smeg freezers tend to depreciate faster. On average, in the first 6 months after release, Smeg freezers drop in price by 17%. That means a saving of £86 on a typical £494 new Smeg freezer if you wait 6 months before buying.

86
Running Costs

Average Running Costs

The energy efficiency classification of this freezer is A++. The average 10 year running cost of the CO232 is £440 based on average usage levels and energy prices, which is typical compared to the other 1,655 freezers.

Running Costs

Show running costs over: years
Electricity cost £437.10
Electricity cost when on standby £0.00
@ £0.139 per kwh - Edit electricity price and usage
kwh per hour
Electricity price £per kilowatt hour
Annual electricity price inflation %
Water cost when switched on £0.00
@ £0.003474 per litre - Edit water usage and price
litres per hour
Water price £per litre
Annual water price inflation %
Submit Energy Consumption Figures
Total running cost over 10 years £437.10
Running costs for this freezer have been estimated based on other similar freezers. If you know how much electricity and water the Smeg CO232uses then please let us know by entering those figures in the boxes above.
Energy Rating
2.2T
Running this freezer over 10 years will generate 2.2 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2).
56
To offset that much CO2 you would need to plant 56 tree seedlings and grow them for 10 years.

Energy Price Inflation

Sorry, we couldn't find any reviews for the Smeg CO232

Smeg CO232 Specification

Key Features
Freezer Net Capacity
Type
Width
Height
Performance
Storage Time During Power Failure
Fast Freeze Function
Thermostat
Star Rating
Freezing Capacity
Freezer Gross Capacity
Design
Case Design
Door Hinge
Colour
Ergonomics
Temperature Alarm
LED Indicators
Power
Annual Energy Consumption
Energy Efficiency Class
Weight & Dimensions
Depth

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers

smeg co232

Barcodes

08017709162917

Smeg CO232 - Other Freezers Worth Considering

£ 525.08
Better brand
Cheaper to run by £150 over five years
Superior energy efficiency rating
Better brand
£360 cheaper to run over five years
Larger freezing capacity
Cheaper to run by £33 over five years
8% larger freezer gross capacity
Better brand
Energy efficiency rating is superior
Cheaper to run by £129 over five years
£27 More Expensive

Today's Best Freezer Deals

£30 Price Drop
loading image
£120
£89.99
Freezer Net Capacity
60L
Type
chest
Width
499mm
£30 Price Drop
loading image
312
£139
£109.00
Freezer Net Capacity
31L
Type
upright
Width
472mm
£50 Price Drop
loading image
£250
£199.99
Freezer Net Capacity
200L
Type
chest
Width
751mm
£401 Price Drop
loading image
£700
£299.00
Freezer Net Capacity
95L
Type
upright
Width
600mm
£20 Price Drop
loading image
£349
£329.00
Freezer Net Capacity
210L
Type
chest
Width
800mm
£59 Price Drop
loading image
63
£500
£440.76
Freezer Net Capacity
222L
Type
chest
Width
595mm
£20 Price Drop
loading image
£190
£169.91
Freezer Net Capacity
77L
Type
upright
Width
500mm
£20 Price Drop
loading image
£200
£179.99
Freezer Net Capacity
85L
Type
upright
Width
550mm
£18 Price Drop
loading image
£168
£149.97
Freezer Net Capacity
82L
Type
upright
Width
555mm
£15 Price Drop
loading image
£184
£168.97
Freezer Net Capacity
100L
Type
chest
Width
527mm
View More Freezer Deals
Smeg CO232
Amazon UK
£523.43 Buy Now
£
Prices

70

Our Verdict
Details
Reviews
Spec

×