Close
Share on
Acer 42HQL
Acer 42HQL
7 Images

Loading image...

Acer 42HQL PC Monitor

£95.19
23.6" 1920 X 1080 100000000:1 LED Jul 2015
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £58.71 Electricity cost over 5 years
Acer has good reviews for its LCD screens
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Only 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution
Amazon UK £104.99 Go to Store
Laptops Direct £124.97 Go to Store
BT Shop £134.25 Go to Store
See All 20 Prices from 19 Stores | £95.19 - £150.41 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by £19.08 (20%)

There was a cheaper price of £76.11 on eBay 77 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 82% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 18% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Energy

Running Costs Are Average

The 42HQL is typical compared to the other 648 LCD screens of a comparable age and spec that we have looked at for 8 year running costs. Based on average energy prices, we estimate the 8 year running cost of the 42HQL is £59.


Reviews

Acer Has Good Reviews for Its LCD Screens

Based on 4,262 user and expert reviews (including 789 verified purchases), Acer has good reviews for its LCD screens. Acer also has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors compared to other manufacturers. 93% of those that bought a Acer PC display would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This medium monitor was released in July 2015.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Acer 42HQL has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other flatpanel monitors that came out around the same time as this flatpanel monitor also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared all the other PC monitors with a built-in speaker(s) to this PC display and we think the Acer V246HL (£95.99) which has better reviews; or the Hannspree HL225PPB (£74.99), and the V7 L215DS-2E (£93.58) both of which are cheaper are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Only 1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This LCD screen has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most commonly found display resolution on PC screens of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The Acer 42HQL has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other medium monitors that have been on the market for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has Three Cables Included

The number of cables included found on the Acer 42HQL is more than most PC screens of a comparable age and spec to it. This LCD screen has an AC cables included, which is the most frequently found cables included found on medium monitors that have been around for a similar time to this PC display. The cables included "DVI" and "VGA" are also found on this PC screen.

What does "cables included" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers acer k242hqlcbid, acer umux6eeb05, acer umux6aab01, acer umux6eeb01, acer umux6eec01, acer 1920x1080, acer k242hqlb, acer 100m1
Barcodes 00888863214037, 04713147902057, 04713147902095, 04713392069796

Acer 42HQL Review Sources

To prepare this Acer 42HQL review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 691,708 product attributes, 78,213 PC monitor reviews and 8,104,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

0.15W lower power consumption when off
31% lighter
Cheaper to run by £8.76
£67 More Expensive
Samsung S23E650K

Samsung
S23E650K

£ 147.30
Sixty-nine times lower power consumption when off
99% cheaper to run
Faster response time
£52 More Expensive
iiyama B2783QSU-B1

iiyama
B2783QSU-B1

£ 258.99
Four times faster response time
50 cd/m² brighter display brightness
3.4" bigger screen size
£164 More Expensive
75% lower power consumption when off
25% shallower
Newer by three months
£70 More Expensive
Benq SW2700PT

Benq
SW2700PT

£ 569.99
Vastly more display colour count
0.05W lower power consumption when off
Brighter display brightness
£475 More Expensive
Samsung S29E790C

Samsung
S29E790C

£ 504.34
Faster response time
19% bigger screen size
Moderately shorter
£409 More Expensive
Feedback