Close
Share on
Acer B246HQL
Acer B246HQL
6 Images

Loading image...

Acer B246HQL PC Monitor

£166.85
£152.00 £14.85 cheaper than 60 days ago
23.6" 1920 X 1080 100000000:1 LED Jan 2015
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £47.18 Electricity cost over 5 years
Running costs are very low
Acer has good reviews for its PC displays
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Amazon UK £152.00 Go to Store
Misco £158.34 Go to Store
eBay £162.15 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 4 Stores | £152.00 - £223.82 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £14.85 (9%)

The price has dropped from £166.85 to £152 in the last 60 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 62% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 38% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Energy

Running Costs Are Very Low

The average 8 year running cost of the B246HQL is only £48 based on typical energy prices, which makes it one of the most economic to run medium monitors that have been on the market for more than two years.


Reviews

Acer Has Good Reviews for Its PC Displays

We checked 4,262 user and expert reviews (including 789 verified purchases) for Acer PC monitors and found that on average Acer has good ratings. We also found that Acer has good ratings specifically for its medium monitors. 93% of those that bought a Acer PC monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

This medium monitor has been on the market since January 2015.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The B246HQL has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other comparable spec PC monitors that came out more than two years ago also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared all the other PC monitors with a built-in speaker(s) to this PC display and we think the Benq BL2211M (£151.82) which is cheaper; or the Viewsonic VA2855 (£151.69), and the Asus VX239H-W both of which have better reviews are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This PC display has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most frequently found display resolution on medium monitors that have been available for a comparable time to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Slow Response Time

With a response time of 6 milliseconds, the B246HQL has one of the slower response times amongst medium monitors of this age. Across all the medium monitors that are a similar age to this PC display the response times range from 1ms to 40ms, and the average response time is 6.1ms.

What does "response time" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The Acer B246HQL has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other LCD screens of a comparable spec and age to this LCD screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has Three Cables Included

The number of cables included found on the Acer B246HQL is more than most flatpanel monitors of this age and type. This flatpanel monitor has an AC cables included, which is the most commonly found cables included found on medium monitors that have been around for a comparable time to this flatpanel monitor. The cables included "DVI" and "VGA" are also found on this PC display.

What does "cables included" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers acer b246hqlbymdr, acer umub6aaa01, acer umub6eeb01, acer 100m1
Barcodes 04058154161081, 04713147881369

Acer B246HQL Review Sources

To prepare this Acer B246HQL review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 692,351 product attributes, 78,668 PC monitor reviews and 7,521,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Acer GN246HL

Acer
GN246HL

£ 119.99
£32 Cheaper
Faster response time
User reviews are better
More expensive to run over five years by 29%
Acer G247H

Acer
G247H

£ 265.62
Lighter weight with stand
Faster response time
Shallower
£114 More Expensive
Philips 241P6VPJKEB

Philips
241P6VPJKEB

£ 378.79
99% more display colour count
35% shorter height with stand
Five months newer
£227 More Expensive
LG 25UM57

LG
25UM57

£ 149.99
£2 Cheaper
Much better user reviews
Lighter weight with stand
£11.35 more expensive to run over five years
HP Z Display Z24

HP
Z Display Z24

£ 425.00
User reviews are appreciably better
Shallower
Brighter display brightness
£273 More Expensive
HP 24cw

HP
24cw

£ 149.99
£2 Cheaper
Lighter weight with stand
158.7mm shorter height with stand
£10.72 more expensive to run over five years
Feedback