Close
Share on
AOC U2879VF
AOC U2879VF
2 Images + 11 Videos

Loading image...

AOC U2879VF PC Monitor

£267.30
28" 80000000:1 LED Flat Oct 2015
C
Display Diagonal Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Screen Shape Release Date £169.21 Electricity cost over 5 years
Two industry awards
Popular choice
Very low price for a 28, inch monitor
27 Reviews + 2 Awards
tomshardware.co.uk Editor Approved tomshardware.com Editor Approved
Amazon UK £289.93 Go to Store
Ebuyer £299.99 Go to Store
Novatech £306.41 Go to Store
See All 36 Prices from 36 Stores | £267.30 - £439.98 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Two Industry Awards

This PC screen was given an "Editor's Choice" award by both websites Tomshardware.co.uk and Tomshardware.com, both of which concluded that this medium monitor was outstanding.

Expert Reviews Are Average

This PC display has an average expert rating of 70 out of 100 based on four expert reviews from sites including PC Mag, techteamgb.co.uk, pcformat.pl and tweakers.net.

Excellent Owner Reviews

Based on 12 owner reviews the average owner rating of this flatpanel monitor is excellent. Over 77% of reviewers gave this PC monitor the highest possible rating of 5 stars.

AOC Has Good Reviews for Its PC Displays

We checked 5,606 owner and expert reviews (including 610 verified purchases) for AOC PC screens and found that on average AOC has good reviews. We also found that AOC has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors. 96% of those that bought a AOC PC monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Chart Hide Chart

Other

Popular Choice

The U2879VF is a popular choice of PC screen.

Released Over a Year Ago

It was October 2015 when AOC released the U2879VF.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by 30% (30%)

There was a cheaper price of £149 at Scanstation Computers 24 hours ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 81% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 19% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Very Low Price for a 28, Inch Monitor

Five owners who bought this PC monitor thought it was good value for money. Last year Techradar mentioned “Very low price for a 28, inch monitor” in their review of this PC monitor. Expert website Pcmag.com wrote “It's reasonably priced.” in their review of this PC monitor. Expert website Techteamgb.co.uk said “Amazing value for the price!” in their AOC U2879VF review.

Pricey

We think this medium monitor looks expensive compared to other medium monitors that have been available for more than a year. We checked 483 medium monitors that have been available for more than a year and they range in price from £50 to £3,769.


Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a Built-In USB Hub

Like most of the other comparable spec LCD screens that have been on the market for around the same time as this PC monitor, the U2879VF does not have a built-in USB hub.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The U2879VF does not have a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other medium monitors that have been available for more than a year do have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared all the other flatpanel monitors which also have a built-in speaker(s) to this LCD screen and we think the Asus VG278HV, or the AOC Q3277PQU (£324.99) are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Running Costs Are High

The energy efficiency classification of this LCD screen is C, and the average running cost of the U2879VF is £170 over 8 years based on typical energy prices and usage levels, which makes it one of the less economic to run PC displays of this type and age.


Design

Good Quality

Three customers mentioned that it was good quality. Website Newegg.com mentioned last year “Nice looking slick design and seems to have good construction quality” in their review of this PC monitor. They also wrote “Great Sound Quality” in their review.

Good Build

Two owners said in their reviews that it was well made. In April last year website Tomshardware.com mentioned in their review of this PC monitor “Good build”.

Two customers agreed that the AOC U2879VF was strong and durable. Website Johnlewis.com gave it a score of 5 stars out of 5 and wrote “Feels durable”. Website Newegg.com gave the product the highest possible rating of 5 stars out of 5 and said in their review of this PC monitor “It seems sturdy enough and monitor does not wobble when you type”.

Read more Less

Ergonomics

Features Picture-in-Picture Support

The U2879VF features Picture-in-Picture support. Most of the other comparable spec PC monitors that have been available for a similar time to this flatpanel monitor also feature Picture-in-Picture support.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The U2879VF has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other comparable spec PC screens that have been available for around the same time as this LCD screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Has an HDCP

The U2879VF has an HDCP, as do most of the other similar spec PC displays that have been on the market for around the same time as this PC display.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Vertical

The viewing angles, vertical of medium monitors that have been available for around the same time as this flatpanel monitor range from 50° to 180°, and the average viewing angle, vertical is 170°. The AOC U2879VF has a quite narrow viewing angle, vertical (only 160 degrees) compared to most of the other medium monitors that were released one year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Horizontal

With a viewing angle, horizontal of only 170 degrees, the U2879VF has one of the narrower viewing angles, horizontal amongst medium monitors of this age. Similar spec PC screens that are a comparable age to this LCD screen have viewing angles, horizontal of between 80° and 180°, and the average viewing angle, horizontal is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Fast Response Time

The response times of comparable spec PC monitors that came out around the same time as this PC monitor range from 1ms to 25ms. When compared to other medium monitors that are a similar age to this LCD screen that we have assessed, the U2879VF's response time of only 1 millisecond is one of the fastest.

What does "response time" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00685417708888, 04038986185714

AOC U2879VF Review Sources

To prepare this AOC U2879VF review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 691,708 product attributes, 78,213 PC monitor reviews and 8,104,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

DELL U2413

DELL
U2413

£ 199.00
£68 Cheaper
Two more awards
One more DisplayPort
84% slower response time
DELL UP2715K

DELL
UP2715K

£ 899.00
Four more awards
One more DisplayPort
15% brighter display brightness
£632 More Expensive
DELL S2715H

DELL
S2715H

£ 190.80
£77 Cheaper
Cheaper to run by £72.11
Shallower depth with stand
Less display colour count
Cheaper to run by £71.95
One more awards
50 cd/m² brighter display brightness
£390 More Expensive
Samsung S29E790C

Samsung
S29E790C

£ 504.34
£56.34 cheaper to run
One more HDMI port
Energy efficiency rating is higher
£237 More Expensive
£92 Cheaper
58% cheaper to run
11% wider viewing angle, vertical
1,056.93M less display colour count
Feedback