Close
Share on
Asus BE229QLB
Asus BE229QLB
3 Images

Loading image...

Asus BE229QLB PC Monitor

£172.97
£159.99 £12.98 cheaper than 29 days ago
21.5" 1920 X 1080 514mm Sep 2015
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Built-In Speaker(s) Width Release Date £54.07 Electricity cost over 5 years
Asus has good reviews for its flatpanel monitors
Nice design
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Ebuyer £159.99 Go to Store
Laptops Direct £164.98 Go to Store
Amazon UK £169.99 Go to Store
See All 12 Prices from 10 Stores | £159.99 - £228.69 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £12.98 (8%)

The price has dropped from £172.97 to £159.99 in the last 29 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 42% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 58% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Energy

Running Costs Are Average

The BE229QLB has an average 8 year running cost of £55 based on typical energy prices and usage levels, which is typical compared to the other 648 PC displays of this spec and age.


Reviews

Asus Has Good Reviews for Its Flatpanel Monitors

Based on 17,105 expert and user reviews (including 2,837 verified purchases), Asus has good ratings for its flatpanel monitors. Asus also has good ratings specifically for its medium monitors compared to other manufacturers. 96% of those that bought a Asus PC screen would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Nice Design

One Asus BE229QLB reviewer who bought it reckoned that it was a good design.

Good Product Quality

One person concluded that the product was good quality. In October this year Riga_times said “Build quality is good, design is okay” in their review of this PC monitor.

Robust

One Asus BE229QLB reviewer mentioned in their reviews that it was well made.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

Asus released the BE229QLB in September 2015.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The BE229QLB has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other PC monitors that were launched more than a year ago.

We compared all the other PC monitors with a built-in speaker(s) to this LCD screen and we think the iiyama XB2483HSU-B2 (£159.02), the Neovo LE-22 (£160.60), and the Philips 221S6QYKMB/00 (£161.93) which all of have better reviews are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Only 1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This PC monitor has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most frequently found display resolution on PC displays that have been available for a similar time to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Wide Viewing Angle, Vertical

Across all the medium monitors that are a similar age to this PC display the viewing angles, vertical range from 50° to 180°, and the average viewing angle, vertical is 170°. With a viewing angle, vertical of 178 degrees, the Asus BE229QLB has a quite wide viewing angle, vertical compared to most of the other PC screens that were released one year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Wide Viewing Angle, Horizontal

The average viewing angle, horizontal of medium monitors that were released more than a year ago is 170°, and the viewing angles, horizontal range from 80° to 180°. The BE229QLB has a fairly wide viewing angle, horizontal (178 degrees) compared to most of the other medium monitors that are a similar age to this PC display.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The BE229QLB has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other medium monitors that have been available for a similar time to this PC screen also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has Four Cables Included

The number of cables included found on the BE229QLB is more than most flatpanel monitors of a comparable spec and age to it. This flatpanel monitor has an AC cables included, which is the most commonly found cables included found on LCD screens of this age and spec. The cables included "Audio (3.5mm)", "USB" and "VGA" are also found on this Asus flatpanel monitor.

What does "cables included" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers asus 90lm01x0b01370, asus be229qlb215, asus be229qlbg, asus 1920x1080
Barcodes 04058154089941, 04712900068375

Asus BE229QLB Review Sources

To prepare this Asus BE229QLB review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 691,708 product attributes, 78,213 PC monitor reviews and 8,104,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

DELL P2014H

DELL
P2014H

£ 91.20
£69 Cheaper
Lighter
Lower power consumption when in PowerSave mode
Slower response time
DELL UP2715K

DELL
UP2715K

£ 899.00
More display colour count
30W higher RMS rated audio power
User reviews are significantly better
£739 More Expensive
Philips 200V4LAB2

Philips
200V4LAB2

£ 79.94
£80 Cheaper
2x lighter
50% higher RMS rated audio power
Narrower vertical viewing angle
DELL UP3214Q

DELL
UP3214Q

£ 1,290.66
99% more display colour count
Five USB Type-A downstream ports
User reviews are moderately better
£1,131 More Expensive
Philips 241P6VPJKEB

Philips
241P6VPJKEB

£ 420.29
1,053.23M more display colour count
2.3kg lighter
Vastly better user reviews
£260 More Expensive
DELL UZ2315H

DELL
UZ2315H

£ 149.00
£11 Cheaper
Vastly better user reviews
67% higher RMS rated audio power
0.7W higher power consumption when in PowerSave mode
Feedback