Close
Share on
Benq XL2720T
Benq XL2720
31 Images + 34 Videos

Loading image...

Benq XL2720T PC Monitor

£407.89
£319.99 £87.90 cheaper than 79 days ago
27" 1920 X 1080 12000000:1 LED Feb 2014
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £139.73 Electricity cost over 5 years
Six industry awards
Nice design
Does not have a built-in speaker(s)
70 Reviews + 6 Awards
f1cd.ru Recommended neitsabes.fr Very Good PC Mag Editor's Choice Les Numeriques.com 5 Star
eBay £319.99 Go to Store
Overclockers UK £359.99 Go to Store
Carbon8 £379.56 Go to Store
See All 5 Prices from 5 Stores | £319.99 - £427.37 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Six Industry Awards

Experts in PC monitors love this PC screen and have given it six awards.

This LCD screen received a PC Mag "Editor's Choice" award and it received a F1cd.ru "Recommended" award. This medium monitor also received a Gamestar.de "Platinum" award.

Les Numeriques.com gave this flatpanel monitor a "5 Star" award, it received a "Best in Class" award from Insidehardware.it and Neitsabes.fr gave it a "Very Good" award.

Average Expert Reviews

On average, based on ten expert reviews from sites including Expert Reviews, Techradar, PC Mag and dgl.ru the average expert rating of this PC screen is 75 out of 100.

User Reviews Are Good

On average, based on 101 user reviews the average user rating of this PC screen is 83 out of 100. 26 reviewers (77% of all reviewers) gave this PC monitor either 4 or 5 stars.

Benq Has Excellent Reviews for Its LCD Screens

We checked 10,044 owner and expert reviews (including 862 verified purchases) for Benq PC screens and found that on average Benq has excellent reviews compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Benq has excellent reviews specifically within its medium monitors range. 96% of those that bought a Benq PC screen would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Chart Hide Chart

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £87.90 (22%)

The price has dropped from £379.56 to £319.99 in the last 79 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 88% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 12% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Pricey

We think this PC screen looks expensive compared to other medium monitors that were launched more than two years ago. We checked 513 medium monitors that were launched more than two years ago and they range in price from £49 to £9,999.


Design

Nice Design

Two owners mentioned in their reviews that it was well designed. Emad wrote on expert website Amazon “Great design and stylish finish for enthusiast looking for the best 120 refresh rate monitor” in their review of this PC monitor. Luke Holdsworth mentioned “Simple to use interface and sleek design”.

Good Product Quality

Two customers wrote in their reviews that it was good quality. Expertreviews.co.uk wrote on expert review site Expert Reviews four years ago “It has average image quality” in their review of the Benq XL2720. Monkeyseemonkeydo said three years ago “Amazing monitor with great picture quality”.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

This LCD screen was released in February 2014.


Multimedia

Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Benq XL2720 does not have a built-in speaker(s), unlike most of the other flatpanel monitors of a similar age and spec to this PC monitor.

We compared all the other flatpanel monitors which also have a built-in speaker(s) to this flatpanel monitor and we think the Viewsonic VX2475SMHL-4K (£348.96), or the iiyama GB2773HS (£348.39) are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Running Costs Are Very High

The XL2720 is one of the least economic to run LCD screens of this type and age that we have looked at for 8 year running costs. Based on typical energy prices, we estimate the 8 year running cost of the XL2720 is £140.


Display

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This LCD screen has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is typical of many similar spec PC screens that came out more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDCP

The Benq XL2720 has an HDCP, as do most of the other PC displays of a similar age and type to this flatpanel monitor.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Vertical

The viewing angles, vertical of PC displays of a comparable age and spec to this flatpanel monitor range from 10° to 180°. With a viewing angle, vertical of only 160 degrees, the Benq XL2720 has one of the narrower viewing angles, vertical amongst medium monitors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Horizontal

At only 170 degrees, the Benq XL2720 has a fairly narrow viewing angle, horizontal compared to most of the other medium monitors that have been on the market for more than two years. The average viewing angle, horizontal of medium monitors that are a similar age to this LCD screen is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Fast Response Time

The average response time of similar spec PC displays that have been available for around the same time as this flatpanel monitor is 6.1ms. With a response time of only 1 millisecond, the Benq XL2720 has one of the fastest response times amongst medium monitors of this age.

What does "response time" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Good Picture Quality

Two owners who purchased the Benq XL2720 reckoned that it had good picture quality. Two owners considered that it had a good refresh rate. Jmac said on expert website Amazon “Try to aim for the nice refresh rate” in their review of this PC monitor.


Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers visipax 1920x1080, visipax prxl2720z, visipax xl2720z, benq 1920x1080, benq xl2720z
Barcodes 00013591028056, 00779184010968, 00840046028206, 00840046030049, 00840046035204, 04054319111939, 04718755045110, 04718755052767, 05053959179759, 05054531163289, 05054629416198, 05711045719943, 08400460282060, 08400460300498

Benq XL2720 Review Sources

To prepare this Benq XL2720 review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 692,351 product attributes, 78,668 PC monitor reviews and 7,521,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Philips 272P4

Philips
272P4

£ 458.70
Vastly shallower
595.7mm bigger viewable width
Significantly more display colour count
£139 More Expensive
DELL U2713H

DELL
U2713H

£ 349.00
Two more awards
3x shallower
Hugely better review from "Expert Reviews"
£29 More Expensive
DELL UP2715K

DELL
UP2715K

£ 899.00
5x shallower
User reviews are better
Vastly bigger viewable width
£579 More Expensive
NEC MultiSync EA244

NEC
MultiSync EA244

£ 499.99
"Trusted Reviews" review is significantly better
99% more display colour count
4 times the resolution
£180 More Expensive
DELL U3014

DELL
U3014

£ 749.00
Hugely shallower
Vastly bigger viewable width
Vastly more display colour count
£429 More Expensive
DELL U2413

DELL
U2413

£ 199.00
£121 Cheaper
Vastly bigger viewable width
More display colour count
Only one HDMI port
Feedback