Close
Share on
DELL U2417HJ
DELL U2417H
12 Images + 13 Videos

Loading image...

DELL U2417HJ PC Monitor

£394.00
£235.00 £159.00 cheaper than 11 days ago
23.8" 1920 X 1080 LED Flat Mar 2016
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Display Screen Shape Release Date £51.27 Electricity cost over 5 years
Five industry awards
Running costs are low
Has a stand included
13 Reviews + 5 Awards
kitguru.net Worth Buying PC Mag Editor's Choice 01net.com 4 Star Trusted Reviews Recommended
Amazon UK £235.00 Go to Store
Ebuyer £250.98 Go to Store
Techdna £250.51 Go to Store
See All 12 Prices from 11 Stores | £235.00 - £494.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Five Industry Awards

This medium monitor is one of the most highly awarded by experts of all the PC displays of a similar spec and age.

The editors of two expert review sites thought that this DELL PC screen was good. The author at website PC Mag decided that this flatpanel monitor was marvellous and gave it an "Editor's Choice" award and it received a "Recommended" award from website Trusted Reviews.

The authors at three additional expert review sites all concluded that this medium monitor was good. This PC screen received a "Worth Buying" award from Kitguru.net, 01net.com gave it a "4 Star" award and it received a "Very Good" award from Prad.de.

Average Expert Reviews

This flatpanel monitor has an average expert rating of 73 out of 100 based on ten expert reviews from sites including CNET.com, Trusted Reviews, PC Mag and CNET.com.au.

Good Brand

Based on 6,247 user and expert reviews (including 1,108 verified purchases), DELL has good ratings for its PC screens. DELL also has good ratings specifically for its medium monitors compared to other manufacturers. 93% of those that bought a DELL PC monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Energy

Running Costs Are Low

The U2417HA is in the cheapest 15% of all 648 similar spec PC monitors that were launched more than a year ago that we have looked at for 8 year running costs. Based on typical usage levels and energy prices, we estimate the 8 year running cost of the U2417HA is only £52.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £159 (40%)

The price has dropped from £394 to £235 in the last 11 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 83% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 17% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Great Value

Two owners who reviewed it considered that it was good value for money. This month Trusted Reviews said “Great value” in their review of this PC monitor and gave it a rating of 5 stars out of 5. Expert website Cnet.com wrote in their review of this PC monitor “An excellent inexpensive monitor for everyday use”.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This flatpanel monitor has been on the market since March 2016.


Packaging Content

Has a Stand Included

The DELL U2417HA has a stand included. Most of the other PC displays that were released around the same time as this PC display also have a stand included.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has Three Cables Included

The number of cables included found on the U2417HA is more than most flatpanel monitors of this spec and age. This PC screen has an AC cables included, which is the most frequently found cables included found on flatpanel monitors of a similar spec and age to this PC display. The cables included "DisplayPort" and "USB" are also found on this flatpanel monitor.

What does "cables included" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The U2417HA does not have a built-in speaker(s), unlike most of the other similar spec LCD screens that are a comparable age to this flatpanel monitor.

We compared this PC screen to all the other LCD screens with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the Viewsonic XG2401 (£207.39), or the LG 29UM68 (£199.99); or the Asus MG248Q (£248.14) are also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Has a Built-In USB Hub

The U2417HA has a built-in USB hub, unlike most of the other comparable spec PC screens that are a similar age to this PC screen which do not have a built-in USB hub.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Audio Output

The DELL U2417HA has an audio output. Most of the other PC monitors of a comparable age and type to this PC screen also have an audio output.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Only One HDMI Port

Most LCD screens of a similar type and age to this PC display have between one and three HDMI ports, including the U2417HA which has one HDMI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Only 1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This LCD screen has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most commonly found display resolution on LCD screens of a comparable age and spec to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Wide Viewing Angle, Vertical

When compared to other PC screens of this age and spec that we have checked, the DELL U2417HA's viewing angle, vertical of 178 degrees is one of the widest. The average viewing angle, vertical of medium monitors that were released around the same time as this flatpanel monitor is 170°, and the viewing angles, vertical range from 50° to 180°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Wide Viewing Angle, Horizontal

When compared to other PC screens of a similar age and spec to this PC screen, the viewing angle, horizontal of the U2417HA of 178 degrees is one of the widest. The viewing angles, horizontal of medium monitors that were launched around the same time as this LCD screen range from 80° to 180°, and the average viewing angle, horizontal is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Slow Response Time

At 8 milliseconds, the DELL U2417HA has a fairly slow response time compared to most of the other PC monitors that have been on the market for more than a year. The fastest response time of medium monitors that were released one year ago is 1ms, the slowest is 25ms, and the average response time is 5.4ms.

What does "response time" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The U2417HA has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other PC displays of a comparable type and age to this PC screen also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers asrockasusantecarcticb u2417hj, ultrasharp 1920x1080, ultrasharp u2417hj, dell 1920x1080, dell p240001p, dell u2417hj, code u2417hj, home u2417hj
Barcodes 04058154047590, 05397063744343

DELL U2417H Review Sources

To prepare this DELL U2417H review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 692,148 product attributes, 78,562 PC monitor reviews and 8,073,300 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Lenovo T2454p

Lenovo
T2454p

£ 199.00
£36 Cheaper
55% shallower depth with stand
One more DisplayPort
Six months older
DELL UP2715K

DELL
UP2715K

£ 899.00
10x lighter weight with stand
203.8mm shallower depth with stand
More display colour count
£664 More Expensive
67% shallower depth with stand
Faster response time
Higher maximum height adjustment
£422 More Expensive
£73 Cheaper
Shallower depth with stand
Bigger viewable height
Vastly smaller viewable size diagonal
Philips 241P6VPJKEB

Philips
241P6VPJKEB

£ 378.79
Significantly more display colour count
Hugely faster response time
152.3mm shallower depth with stand
£144 More Expensive
DELL SE2716H

DELL
SE2716H

£ 162.00
£73 Cheaper
Two times shallower depth with stand
One more HDMI port
4.9kg heavier
Feedback