Share on
73 Images + 3 Videos

Loading image...

DELL UP3214Q PC Monitor

31.5" 2000000:1 LCD Sep 2014
Display Diagonal Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Card Reader Integrated Release Date £262.53 Electricity cost over 5 years
Eight industry awards
Strong hardware feature set, factory calibration
34 Reviews + 8 Awards Recommended Hardware PC Mag Editor's Choice Digital Versus 5 Star Trusted Reviews Recommended
Ebuyer Business £1,290.66 Go to Store
Amazon UK £1,306.15 Go to Store
Carbon8 £1,389.41 Go to Store
See All 5 Prices from 4 Stores | £1,290.66 - £1,499.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product


Eight Industry Awards

Experts rave about this flatpanel monitor and have given it eight awards.

This LCD screen was given a "Recommended" award by review sites, Trusted Reviews and all of whom thought that this flatpanel monitor was good.

In addition, the writer at website gave this DELL LCD screen an "Especially Recommended" award, confirming their endorsement and it received an "Editor's Choice" award from website PC Mag.

This PC monitor received a "5 Star" award from both Digital Versus and Les and it received an "Outstanding" award from

Read more Less

Expert Reviews Are Good

Based on fifteen expert reviews from sites including Trusted Reviews, Digital Versus, PC and PC Mag this flatpanel monitor has an average expert rating of 86%. This means that experts think this PC screen is one of the better PC displays of this age and spec.

Owner Reviews Are Poor

Based on 16 owner reviews this PC screen has an average owner rating of 43%. That puts this flatpanel monitor in the bottom 3% of all the medium monitors that were released more than two years ago.

DELL Has Good PC Monitor Reviews

Based on 6,246 expert and owner reviews (including 1,109 verified purchases), DELL has good reviews for its flatpanel monitors. DELL also has good reviews specifically within its medium monitors range. 93% of those that bought a DELL flatpanel monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price Has Gone Up by £716.16 (55%)

There was a cheaper price of £589.99 on eBay 40 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 90% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 10% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


We think this DELL PC display looks expensive compared to other PC monitors of this spec and age. The cheapeast PC screen that has been around for more than two years that we found costs £46 and the most expensive costs £9,999.

Reasonably Priced

One customer who purchased it concluded that it was expensive. wrote on PC Mag “The Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q is an enormous (and enormously expensive) 32-inch Ultra-High-Definition (UHD) monitor that delivers exquisite 4K image detail, along with very accurate colors” in their review of this PC monitor and scored the product 8 stars.

One person mentioned in their reviews that this PC monitor was good value for money. Expert review site wrote three years ago “Its irresistible circa-£870 asking price and outstanding accuracy were e” in their review of this PC monitor and gave the DELL UP3214Q a score of 8 stars.

Read more Less


Strong Hardware Feature Set, Factory Calibration

One owner concluded that this PC monitor had good features. mentioned “Strong hardware feature set, factory calibration” in their DELL UP3214Q review.


Released Over Two Years Ago

This LCD screen has been on the market since April 2017.

Des Angles De Vision Ouverts

One owner who purchased the DELL UP3214Q wrote that it had good picture quality. wrote “Des angles de vision ouverts” in their review of this PC monitor yet they only gave it a rating of 14 out of 100.

One customer who bought it reckoned that it had a good refresh rate. Older London Academic gave the product a score of 4 stars and said “Only 30Hz refresh rate, which was fine for the sort of text” in their review of this PC monitor.

Read more Less


Has a Card Reader Integrated

The UP3214Q has a card reader integrated, which is unusual. Most of the other medium monitors that were launched around the same time as this flatpanel monitor do not have a card reader integrated.

It may also be worth considering one of the other flatpanel monitors with a card reader integrated currently available including because of it's better review score, the DELL UP2715K (£899).

What is a card reader integrated? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The UP3214Q does not have a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other PC screens of this age and type do have a built-in speaker(s).

We think you might also be interested in alternative PC monitors which also have a built-in speaker(s) including the Philips BDM3275 (£1,216.79), the DELL UP2715K (£899), or the Eizo FlexScan EV3237 (£1,101).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit



Two people who purchased the product agreed that it was well made. Expert website scored it 4 stars and mentioned “The Dell UltraSharp UP3214Q Ultra HD 4K Monitor retails at a whopping RM 8,000 and it is a rock solid monitor, not just in performance”.

Two people who purchased this PC monitor thought it was reliable. Simon Clough mentioned in his review of this PC monitor “It only works reliably at 30hz” . Older London Academic gave it a rating of 5 stars and wrote on Amazon “Motto - only sell reliable equipment if you want to stay in business! Only buy from suppliers who do the same!” in their review of this PC monitor.

Read more Less

Outstanding Build Quality

Two customers thought it was good quality. mentioned “Outstanding build quality”. also mentioned “Excellent display output quality” in their review.

Pen Design

Two customers said that it was well designed. said “Smart, functional design” but despite that they gave the DELL UP3214Q a score of 14 out of 100. also wrote “Pen design” in their review.

Extensive Picture Settings

Two owners who reviewed the DELL UP3214Q thought it was easy to use the menus. wrote “Extensive picture settings”. Three years ago mentioned in their review of this PC monitor on expert website PC “Designers and graphic artists love big screens, with all their many palettes and menus jostling for valuable screen space”.

One person who reviewed it reckoned that it was easy to use. wrote “Widegamut colour space is practical for photographers”.

Read more Less


Has an Energy Star Certified

The UP3214Q has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other flatpanel monitors that have been around for a comparable time to this LCD screen also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has Three Cables Included

The UP3214Q has a greater number of cables included than most flatpanel monitors that came out more than two years ago. This flatpanel monitor has an AC cables included, which is the most frequently found cables included found on PC displays that came out around the same time as this flatpanel monitor. The cables included "DisplayPort" and "USB" are also found on this LCD screen.

What does "cables included" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit


High Running Costs

The UP3214Q is in the most expensive 4% of all 1,088 flatpanel monitors of a similar age and spec that we have analysed for 8 year running costs. Based on average usage levels and energy prices, we estimate the 8 year running cost of the UP3214Q is £263.

Ports & Interfaces

Only One HDMI Port

The DELL UP3214Q is a one HDMI port flatpanel monitor. Most of the other PC monitors that have been around for around the same time as this PC display have between one and three HDMI ports.

Chart Hide Chart Edit


Quite Slow Response Time

With a response time of 8 milliseconds, the UP3214Q has a quite slow response time compared to most of the other flatpanel monitors of a comparable type and age to this PC display. The average response time of comparable spec LCD screens that have been available for a similar time to this PC screen is 6.1ms, and the response times range from 1ms to 40ms.

What does "response time" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers dell 3840x2160, code up3214q, dell up3214q, dell 350cdm2, dell k3r90
Barcodes 00696783421509, 00700461047445, 00884116126522, 04053162535701, 05054484555674, 05054533555679, 05054629400319, 05397063347933, 08841161265226

DELL UP3214Q Review Sources

To prepare this DELL UP3214Q review we compared this PC monitor to 3,037 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 687,538 product attributes, 78,627 PC monitor reviews and 7,443,100 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

DELL U3415W vs DELL UP3214Q

DELL U3415W vs DELL UP3214Q
£ 684.48 £1,290.66
£606 Cheaper
Five More Awards
User Reviews Are Hugely Better
Expert Reviews Are Marginally Better
Hugely Worse Review from Les
Only 2, 4 USB Type-A Downstream Ports

Benq BL3201 vs DELL UP3214Q

Benq BL3201 vs DELL UP3214Q
Benq BL3201 DELL UP3214Q
£ 659.99 £1,290.66
£631 Cheaper
Vastly Faster Response Time
Four More Awards
User Reviews Are Significantly Better Review is Appreciably Worse Review is Appreciably Worse

DELL U2713H vs DELL UP3214Q

DELL U2713H vs DELL UP3214Q
£ 349.00 £1,290.66
£942 Cheaper
Six More Awards
Newer by 15 Months
Hugely Better User Reviews
Hugely Deeper
Expert Review Rating is a Little Worse