Close
Share on
Philips 220S4LYCB00
Philips 220S4LYCB
4 Images

Loading image...

Philips 220S4LYCB00 PC Monitor

£158.29
22" 1680 X 1050 20000000:1 LED May 2016
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £40.25 Electricity cost over 5 years
Very low running costs
Philips PC displays have good reviews
Does not have a built-in USB hub
BT Shop £158.29 Go to Store
BT Business Direct £158.29 Go to Store
Ebuyer £159.99 Go to Store
See All 4 Prices from 4 Stores | £158.29 - £163.30 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by £7.59 (5%)

There was a cheaper price of £150.70 at BT Business Direct 65 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 54% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 46% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Energy

Very Low Running Costs

The 220S4LYCB has an average 8 year running cost of only £41 based on average energy prices, which makes it one of the cheapest to run latest medium monitors.


Other

Released Twelve Months Ago

This flatpanel monitor has been on the market since May 2016.


Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a Built-In USB Hub

Like most of the other PC monitors that have been available for the last year, the 220S4LYCB does not have a built-in USB hub.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Audio Output

The Philips 220S4LYCB has an audio output. Most of the other medium monitors that were launched in the last 12 months also have an audio output.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Reviews

Philips PC Displays Have Good Reviews

We checked 581 expert and owner reviews (including 40 verified purchases) for Philips LCD screens and found that on average Philips has good reviews compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Philips has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors. 85% of those that bought a Philips PC monitor would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Display

Only 1680 X 1050 Pixels Display Resolution

The most display resolution of the 220S4LYCB is 1680 x 1050 pixels. That's 15% less display resolution than the most common display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Across all PC monitors that came out in the last 12 months the best display resolution is 3440 x 1440 pixels and the worst is 1366 x 768 pixels.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Sync-On-Green (SOG)

The Philips 220S4LYCB has a sync-on-green (SOG). Most of the other medium monitors that came out in the last year also have a sync-on-green (SOG).

What is a sync-on-green (SOG)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Separate H/V Sync

The 220S4LYCB has a separate H/V sync, as do most of the other PC displays that came out in the last year.

What is a separate H/V sync? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDCP

The 220S4LYCB has an HDCP. Most of the other medium monitors that came out in the last 12 months also have an HDCP.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Vertical

At only 160 degrees, the 220S4LYCB has a quite narrow viewing angle, vertical compared to most of the other new medium monitors. The narrowest viewing angle, vertical of newly released medium monitors is 50°, the widest is 180°, and the average viewing angle, vertical is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The Philips 220S4LYCB has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other medium monitors that are a comparable age to this LCD screen also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers philips 220s4lycb00, philips 1680x1050, philips c9nrza00, philips c9nrzs00
Barcodes 08712581641542

Philips 220S4LYCB Review Sources

To prepare this Philips 220S4LYCB review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 692,351 product attributes, 78,668 PC monitor reviews and 7,521,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

Philips 272B7QPTKEB

Philips
272B7QPTKEB

£ 479.99
Two DisplayPorts
Brighter display brightness
40mm higher maximum height adjustment
£322 More Expensive
Benq EW2775ZH

Benq
EW2775ZH

£ 176.53
25% faster response time
5" bigger screen size
12.6cm bigger display diagonal
£18 More Expensive
Benq Zowie XL2430

Benq
Zowie XL2430

£ 345.89
Faster response time
29% brighter display brightness
Higher maximum height adjustment
£188 More Expensive
Benq ZOWIE XL2720

Benq
ZOWIE XL2720

£ 364.98
Vastly faster response time
22% higher maximum height adjustment
5" bigger screen size
£207 More Expensive
Asus PG248Q

Asus
PG248Q

£ 399.99
Faster response time
A lot brighter display brightness
Higher maximum height adjustment
£242 More Expensive
Asus MG28UQ

Asus
MG28UQ

£ 425.99
4x faster response time
Higher maximum height adjustment
25% brighter display brightness
£268 More Expensive
Feedback