Close
Share on
Philips 234E5
Philips 234E5
33 Images

Loading image...

Philips 234E5 PC Monitor

£119.00
23" 1920 X 1080 20000000:1 LED Mar 2015
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £52.27 Electricity cost over 5 years
Good expert reviews
Low running costs
Robust
eBay £119.00 Go to Store
Misco £152.34 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 2 Stores | £119.00 - £152.34 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 50% (50%)

There was a cheaper price of £59.99 at 365Games 66 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 56% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 44% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Energy

Low Running Costs

The average 8 year running cost of the 234E5 is only £53 based on average energy prices, which is in the cheapest 13% of all 1,092 PC monitors of a comparable spec and age.


Reviews

Good Expert Reviews

The average expert rating of this PC display is 80% based on three expert reviews from sites including PC Advisor.co.uk, playwares.com and macworld.co.uk.

Philips Has Good LCD Screen Reviews

We checked 581 user and expert reviews (including 40 verified purchases) for Philips LCD screens and found that on average Philips has good reviews compared to other brands. We also found that Philips has good reviews specifically for its medium monitors. 85% of those that bought a Philips PC screen would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Robust

Two people wrote in their reviews that it was well made. Three years ago expert review site Techworld.com mentioned in their review of this PC monitor “Externally the display is built to a very hi”.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was March 2015 when this LCD screen was released.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Philips 234E5 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other PC monitors of this spec and age also have a built-in speaker(s).

There are a number of other LCD screens with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might want to consider including because of their better review scores, the Benq BL2201 (£119.99), or the Viewsonic VX2263SMHL (£119.98).

There are a number of other flatpanel monitors which also have a built-in speaker(s) that you might want to consider including the iiyama X2380HS (£119.99).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This flatpanel monitor has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is typical of many LCD screens of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Wide Viewing Angle, Horizontal

With a viewing angle, horizontal of 178 degrees, the Philips 234E5 has a fairly wide viewing angle, horizontal compared to most of the other PC monitors of this spec and age. The viewing angles, horizontal of LCD screens that have been around for a comparable time to this PC monitor range from 18° to 1,800°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Sync-On-Green (SOG)

The Philips 234E5 has a sync-on-green (SOG). Most of the other PC screens of this spec and age also have a sync-on-green (SOG).

What is a sync-on-green (SOG)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Separate H/V Sync

The Philips 234E5 has a separate H/V sync, as do most of the other similar spec PC screens that have been around for around the same time as this flatpanel monitor.

What is a separate H/V sync? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDCP

The Philips 234E5 has an HDCP, as do most of the other comparable spec flatpanel monitors that were released more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The Philips 234E5 has an Energy Star certified, as do most of the other comparable spec PC monitors that were launched more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers philips 234e5qhab00, philips 234e5qdab00, philips 234e5qhaw00, philips 234e5qhsb, philips 1920x1080, philips p154622p, apple 234e5qdab, 234e5qhaw00nl, 234e5qhaw69, 234e5qhab69, 234e5qhsb00, 234e5qhsb93, 234e5qhaw05, 234e5qhab61, 234e5qdab01, 234e5qhsw93, 234e5qhsb01, 234e5qhaw01, 234e5qhab05, 234e5qsb00, 234e5qsb93, 234e5qsb01
Barcodes 00712581675608, 00871258169135, 02060464050018, 03609740047060, 04053162660571, 04054842123676, 05054533568853, 05711045786464, 06951613903216, 06951613903223, 06951613903230, 08712581675561, 08712581675578, 08712581675608, 08712581675615, 08712581675646, 08712581675653, 08712581691356, 08712581693299, 08712581704964, 08712581704971, 08712581717209, 08712581719630, 08712581721046, 08712581726492

Philips 234E5 Review Sources

To prepare this Philips 234E5 review we compared this PC monitor to 3,052 other models. For each PC monitor that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 691,708 product attributes, 78,213 PC monitor reviews and 8,104,600 historical PC monitor prices from 203 PC monitor retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this PC monitor compared to the other models as well as any areas where this PC monitor is lacking.

Other PC Monitors to Consider

£14 Cheaper
Expert reviews are average
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Good technical guidance
Easy to use
£1 More Expensive
£31 Cheaper
Good picture quality
Nice design
Owner reviews are poor
Asus PC screens have good reviews
1920 x 1200 pixels display resolution
£81 More Expensive
Best seller
Running costs are low
Does not have a built-in speaker(s)
£38 Cheaper
One industry award
Nice design
Feedback