Close
Share on
Philips 274E5
Philips 274E5
29 Images + 2 Videos

Loading image...

Philips 274E5 PC Monitor

£198.99
27" 1920 X 1080 20000000:1 LED Apr 2013
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Contrast Ratio (dynamic) Display Release Date £68.19 Electricity cost over 5 years
Two industry awards
Easy to use
Good value for money
14 Reviews + 2 Awards
gadgetspeak.com Highly Recommended xfastest.com Best Value
Ebuyer Business £198.99 Go to Store
Value n' Price £265.00 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 3 Stores | £198.99 - £265.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 30% (30%)

There was a cheaper price of £139.99 at Laptop Outlet 35 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 64% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 36% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Good Value for Money

Expert review site Xfastest.com highlighted in their review that this PC screen was good value for money.

Reasonably Priced

Several people wrote in their reviews that this PC monitor was good value for money. Luke Tedder mentioned “For the price this is a great monitor that requires very little messing around with settings out of the box to get everything looking wonderful!” in his review. Ryan mentioned “The build is solid! For the price I paid (directly from Amazon) there isn't a better 1080p monitor out there” in his Philips 274E5 review.


Reviews

Two Industry Awards

The experts at two expert review sites liked this LCD screen. The author at review site Gadgetspeak.com gave this flatpanel monitor a "Highly Recommended" award, confirming their endorsement and it received a "Best Value" award from review website Xfastest.com who concluded it was great for its price.

Average Expert Reviews

This flatpanel monitor has an average expert rating of 79% based on three expert reviews from sites including playwares.com, prad.de and gadgetspeak.com.

Excellent User Reviews

On average, people who bought this medium monitor rated it as outstanding. Over 100% of reviewers gave this PC monitor the highest possible rating of 5 stars. If all the PC monitors of this spec and age are ranked by average user review score then this PC screen is in the top 17%.

Philips PC Monitors Have Good Reviews

Based on 581 owner and expert reviews (including 40 verified purchases), Philips has good ratings for its PC screens. Philips also has good ratings specifically within its medium monitors range compared to other brands. 85% of those that bought a Philips PC display would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Chart Hide Chart

Design

Easy to Use

Two customers wrote that the Philips 274E5 was easy to setup. In February last year Mr Nclh mentioned on Amazon “Easy to set up and gives a really good picture” in his Philips 274E5 review and gave the Philips 274E5 a rating of 5 stars.

Robust

One person considered that the product was well made.


Good Picture Quality

One person who reviewed this PC monitor thought it had good colour saturation. Ryan wrote on Amazon “I've noticed much more vibrant, bright and crystal clear colours on this” and rated the Philips 274E5 as excellent.


Energy

Running Costs Are OK

The efficiency rating of this LCD screen is A, and the 274E5 is typical compared to the other 1,088 PC screens of this age and spec that we have assessed for running costs. Based on typical usage levels and energy prices, we estimate the 274E5 will cost £81 over 8 years to run.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

This flatpanel monitor was released in April 2017.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Philips 274E5 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other PC monitors of a similar spec and age to this PC display also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared this PC screen to all the other flatpanel monitors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the XB2783HSU (£199.99), and the XB2483HSU (£200.39) both from iiyama or the AOC G2460 (£199.99) which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This PC monitor has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most frequently found display resolution on flatpanel monitors of a comparable age and spec to it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Wide Viewing Angle, Vertical

With a viewing angle, vertical of 178 degrees, the Philips 274E5 has one of the wider viewing angles, vertical amongst PC monitors of this age. The average viewing angle, vertical of medium monitors that came out around the same time as this PC screen is 170°, and the viewing angles, vertical range from 10° to 180°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Wide Viewing Angle, Horizontal

PC displays of a similar age and type to this flatpanel monitor have viewing angles, horizontal of between 18° and 1,800°. The Philips 274E5 has a fairly wide viewing angle, horizontal (178 degrees) compared to most of the other LCD screens of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Sync-On-Green (SOG)

The Philips 274E5 has a sync-on-green (SOG). Most of the other PC displays of this type and age also have a sync-on-green (SOG).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Separate H/V Sync

The Philips 274E5 has a separate H/V sync, as do most of the other PC monitors of a similar type and age to this flatpanel monitor.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an HDCP

The Philips 274E5 has an HDCP, as do most of the other PC monitors of a comparable type and age to this PC screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Two HDMI Ports

The Philips 274E5 is a two HDMI port flatpanel monitor.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Headphone Out

The Philips 274E5 has a headphone out, as do most of the other medium monitors that have been around for more than two years.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has an Energy Star Certified

The Philips 274E5 has an Energy Star certified. Most of the other PC screens of this spec and age also have an Energy Star certified.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers philips 274e5qhab00, philips 274e5qdab00, philips 274e5qhaw00, philips 274e5qhsb00, philips 1920x1080, philips vp841624, home 274e5qdab00, apple 274e5qdab, 274e5qhaw93, 274e5qhab01, 274e5qhsb01, 274e5qhab75, 274e5qhaw69, 274e5qhab69, 274e5qhsb93, 274e5qhaw01, 274e5qhab93, 274e5qsb93, 274e5qsw93, 274e5qsb01, 274e5qsb00
Barcodes 00712581675479, 02060464120018, 02060559240010, 02060559350016, 04053162661035, 04053162661042, 04053162661059, 04054842123881, 04054842123898, 05053959408873, 05054629594933, 05712505001844, 06951613903179, 06951613903186, 06951613903193, 06951613903209, 06951613903650, 08712581675455, 08712581675462, 08712581675479, 08712581675486, 08712581675509, 08712581675516, 08712581675523, 08712581675554, 08712581704940, 08712581717186, 08712581717193, 08712581726508

Other PC Monitors to Consider

DELL UP3214Q vs Philips 274E5

DELL UP3214Q vs Philips 274E5
DELL UP3214Q Philips 274E5
£ 1,290.66 £198.99
Five More Awards
Hugely More Display Colour Count
Slightly Better Expert Reviews
29% Brighter Display Brightness
£1,092 More Expensive
Higher Running Costs Over Five Years by £129.02

Philips 241P4 vs Philips 274E5

Philips 241P4 vs Philips 274E5
Philips 241P4 Philips 274E5
£ 217.88 £198.99
One More Awards
Hugely Better Review from Prad.de
Expert Reviews Are Marginally Better
Higher Energy Efficiency Rating
£19 More Expensive
9W Lower RMS Rated Audio Power

Acer B326 vs Philips 274E5

Acer B326 vs Philips 274E5
Acer B326 Philips 274E5
£ 312.00 £198.99
29,970h Longer Mean Time Between Failures
More Display Colour Count
Ten Months Newer
A Lot Brighter Display Brightness
£113 More Expensive
Two Times Lower RMS Rated Audio Power
Feedback