Close
Share on
Samsung S24A850DW
Samsung S24A850DW
10 Images + 2 Videos

Loading image...

Samsung S24A850DW PC Monitor

£378.06
24" 1920 X 1200 LED Flat Nov 2014
Display Diagonal Display Resolution Display Screen Shape Release Date £166.13 Electricity cost over 5 years
12 Reviews
Carbon8 £378.06 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | £378.06 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by £47.06 (12%)

There was a cheaper price of £331 on Amazon UK 72 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 39% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 61% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Poor Owner Reviews

Based on 8 owner reviews this PC display has an average owner rating of 55%. That puts this medium monitor in the bottom 3% of all the medium monitors that have been available for more than two years.

Nice Design

One Samsung S24A850DW owner concluded that this PC monitor was good looking.

Robust

One person who reviewed this PC monitor mentioned that it was well made.

Good Size

One Samsung S24A850DW owner mentioned in their reviews that this PC monitor was thin. Ouritdept.co.uk mentioned in their Samsung S24A850DW review “The slim build and elegant design together with the ergonomic versatility makes for an ideal device for productivity”.

Mega Contrast Dynamic Contrast Ratio Marketing Name

The dynamic contrast ratio marketing name of this LCD screen is Mega Contrast, which is the most commonly found dynamic contrast ratio marketing name on comparable spec LCD screens that have been available for around the same time as it.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Only One USB Type-A Downstream Ports Quantity

The S24A850DW is a one USB Type-A downstream ports quantity PC screen.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Good Brand

Samsung is one of the better rated PC display brands according to average expert and user reviews, and Samsung also has good ratings for its medium monitors.

LED Display

This PC display has an LED display, which is the most frequently found display on medium monitors that have been around for a similar time to it.

Other LCD screens that have an LED Display currently available that you might also want to consider include the Samsung S23A700D, the Asus CP240 (£419), or the Eizo EV2455 which has better reviews.

What does "display" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Released Over Five Years Ago

It was over five years ago when Samsung released the S24A850DW.

Does Not Have a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Samsung S24A850DW does not have a built-in speaker(s), although keep in mind that most of the other medium monitors that have been available for a similar time to the S24A850DW also do not have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared this LCD screen to all the other PC screens with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the 23CAV42 (£330.71), or the 24CAV23K-B (£373.19) both from LG or the Philips 272B4 (£358.59) which also has a higher rating is also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1200 Pixels Display Resolution

The S24A850DW has a maximum display resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. That's 11% more display resolution than a 1920 x 1080 pixels flatpanel monitor, which is the most frequently found display resolution. The worst display resolution of all similar spec PC screens that came out around the same time as the S24A850DW is 1366 x 768 pixels and the best is 3440 x 1440 pixels.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have a Built-In Camera

Most LCD screens of a comparable age and type to the S24A850DW do not have a built-in camera. The Samsung S24A850DW is no exception to this as it too does not have a built-in camera.

We think you might also be interested in other LCD screens which also have a built-in camera including the DELL UZ2715H (£356); or the Lenovo Lenovo LT2323z Wide 23inch e-IPS Flat Panel Monitor, or the Philips 272P4 (£458.70).

What is a built-in camera? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Not 3D

The S24A850DW is not 3D, although it is worth noting that most of the other PC monitors of a comparable age and type to the S24A850DW are also not 3D.

What does "3D" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have a Card Reader Integrated

Most medium monitors that have been available for around the same time as the S24A850DW do not have a card reader integrated. The Samsung S24A850DW is no exception to this as it too does not have a card reader integrated.

There are a number of other flatpanel monitors which also have a card reader integrated which you might want to look at including the DELL UP2414Q (£499.99) which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Running Costs Are High

The average running cost of the S24A850DW is £167 over 8 years based on average energy prices and usage levels, which is in the most expensive 10% of all 1,100 similar spec flatpanel monitors that have been around for more than two years.

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Horizontal

When compared to other medium monitors that have been around for more than two years that we have assessed, the viewing angle, horizontal of the S24A850DW of only 89 degrees is one of the narrowest. Across all the similar spec LCD screens that have been on the market for a comparable time to the S24A850DW the viewing angle, horizontals range from 60° to 180°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite High Height Adjustment

The lowest height adjustment of comparable spec LCD screens that were released more than two years ago is 13mm and the highest is 850mm. The Samsung S24A850DW has a quite high height adjustment (150 millimeters) compared to most of the other PC displays of this type and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Narrow Viewing Angle, Vertical

With a viewing angle, vertical of only 89 degrees, the S24A850DW's viewing angle, vertical is one of the narrowest amongst PC monitors of a similar age and type to the S24A850DW. The narrowest viewing angle, vertical of comparable spec PC monitors that are a similar age to the S24A850DW is 50°, the widest is 180°, and the average viewing angle, vertical is 170°.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1200 (WUXGA) Supported Graphics Resolutions

The S24A850DW has a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA). That's 11% more resolution than a 1920 x 1080 (HD 1080) PC screen, which is the most common resolution. PC displays of a comparable age and spec to the S24A850DW supported graphics resolutionss range from 640 x 350 (worst) to 3840 x 2160 (best).

What does "supported graphics resolutions" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports One Placement Supported

The number of placements supported by the S24A850DW is more than most similar spec LCD screens that are a comparable age to it. This Samsung flatpanel monitor supports a Horizontal placement supported, which is the most commonly supported placement supported supported by PC displays of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Heavy

The average weight of flatpanel monitors of this age and type is 4.8kg, and the weights range from 2.3g to 39kg. The Samsung S24A850DW is one of the heavier LCD screens of a comparable type and age to the S24A850DW (5.8 kilograms) amongst comparable spec flatpanel monitors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers trademount s24a850dw, samsung ls24a850dwen, certified s24a850dw, samsung s24a850dw
Barcodes 00191120003795, 00729507816722, 00763615972888, 00808112914471, 04053162536456, 07430300274482, 07430300284016, 08806071501000

Other PC Monitors to Consider

£241 Cheaper
Has a stand included
Has a built-in USB hub
Good brand
Benq GL2250

Benq
GL2250

£ 71.94
£306 Cheaper
Benq has excellent flatpanel monitor reviews
Has a stand included
Does not have a built-in USB hub
LG 86BH5C

LG
86BH5C

£ 4,468.14
LG has good PC display reviews
Has a card reader integrated
£4,090 More Expensive
Pricey
LG 24MP58VQ

LG
24MP58VQ

£ 105.00
£273 Cheaper
Best seller
Good brand
Only 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution
Feedback