Close
Share on
Acer H6517ABD
Acer H6517ABD
9 Images

Loading image...

Acer H6517ABD Projector

£549.98
£458.25 £91.73 cheaper than 42 days ago
20000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 31dB Sep 2016
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date £75.31 Electricity cost over 5 years
Acer projectors have good reviews
Only released eight months ago
Supports full HD
Direct TVs £569.96 Go to Store
Appliances Direct £569.96 Go to Store
Laptops Direct £569.96 Go to Store
See All 11 Prices from 11 Stores | £458.25 - £697.82 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £91.73 (17%)

The price has dropped from £549.98 to £458.25 in the last 42 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 52% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 48% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Energy

OK Running Costs

The H6517ABD has an average 1 year running cost of £76 based on typical energy prices and usage levels, which is typical compared to the other 39 new comparable spec projectors.


Reviews

Acer Projectors Have Good Reviews

We checked 820 owner and expert reviews for Acer projectors and found that on average Acer has good reviews compared to other brands. We also found that Acer has good reviews specifically within its 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors range.


Other

Only Released Eight Months Ago

This projector is one of the latest projectors to be released.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Acer H6517ABD has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this projector also have a built-in speaker(s).

It may also be worth considering one of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including the A1300W (£453.99), or the A1200 (£429.28) both from Acer or the Optoma W340 (£460.74) all of which are cheaper.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Acer H6517ABD is 1080p (1920x1080). That's over two times the resolution of a WXGA (1280x800) projector, which is the most frequently found resolution. Across all recently released similar spec projectors the worst resolution is SVGA (800x600) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,400 ANSI lumens, the H6517ABD has a pretty average projector brightness compared to most of the other 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for a similar time to this multimedia projector.

It may also be worth considering one of the other 3,400 ANSI lumens brightness multimedia projectors currently available including the Optoma W340 (£460.74), or the Acer X135WH (£402.58) both of which are cheaper.

If you would prefer a data projector with a brighter projector brightness then you might want to look at the X127 (£359) (3,600 ANSI lumens and cheaper), or the X137WH (£389.99) (3,700 ANSI lumens and cheaper) both from Acer.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Supports Full HD

The H6517ABD supports full HD. Most of the other recently released 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors also support full HD.

There are a number of other projectors which support full HD currently available which you might want to look at including the Optoma EH341 (£549) which has better reviews; or the A1200 (£429.28), or the X135WH (£402.58) both from Acer and both of which are cheaper.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

3D-Ready

The H6517ABD is 3D-ready. Most of the other projectors that were released around the same time as this multimedia projector also are 3D-ready.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

HD-Ready

The H6517ABD is HD-Ready. Most of the other similar spec projectors that have been available for the last year also are HD-Ready.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The H6517ABD has a carrying case, as do most of the other 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for the last year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Acer H6517ABD has a handheld remote control. Most of the other data projectors that were released in the last year also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an Air Filter

The Acer H6517ABD has an air filter, as do most of the other data projectors that have been on the market for the last year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Noise Level

With a noise level of 31 decibels, the Acer H6517ABD has a pretty average noise level compared to most of the other latest similar spec data projectors.

Other 31dB noise level data projectors currently available which you might want to look at include the Acer X135WH (£402.58) which is cheaper.

Other projectors with a louder noise level that you might want to look at include the Acer P1386W (£559.49) (31dB).

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The Acer H6517ABD is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other data projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The H6517ABD does not have a DVI port. Most of the other 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for around the same time as this multimedia projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Long Service Life of Lamp

With a service life of lamp of 5,000 hours, the H6517ABD has a quite long service life of lamp compared to most of the other similar spec projectors that are a comparable age to this data projector. Across all the latest 20000:1 contrast ratio projectors the service life of lamps range from 3,000h to 20,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers acer 3d1080p3200lm200001, acer n182647w, acer h6517abd
Barcodes 04713392533761, 04713392533778, 04713392533785

Acer H6517ABD Review Sources

To prepare this Acer H6517ABD review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 328,171 product attributes, 14,282 projector reviews and 3,049,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Acer P6500

Acer
P6500

£ 1,003.23
75% longer service life of lamp (economic mode)
70% higher RMS rated power
Two more HDMI ports quantitys
£545 More Expensive
Optoma W416

Optoma
W416

£ 868.64
80% longer service life of lamp (economic mode)
70% higher RMS rated power
Two USB 2.0 ports quantitys
£410 More Expensive
Acer P6600

Acer
P6600

£ 1,378.45
Higher vertical synchronization (max)
75% longer service life of lamp (economic mode)
Three more VGA (D-Sub) ports quantitys
£920 More Expensive
Acer H5383BD

Acer
H5383BD

£ 372.36
£86 Cheaper
7W higher RMS rated power
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports
Shorter service life of lamp
Acer P6200

Acer
P6200

£ 826.86
85% higher RMS rated power
Two built-in speakers
38% bigger lamp power
£369 More Expensive
Optoma DS348

Optoma
DS348

£ 229.99
£228 Cheaper
84% longer service life of lamp (economic mode)
One more HDMI ports quantity
Five months older
Feedback