Close
Share on
Casio XJ-M251
Casio XJ-M251
2 Images

Loading image...

Casio XJ-M251 Projector

£1,145.37
1800:1 WXGA (1280x800) 33dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Aug 2014
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £60.64 Electricity cost over 5 years
Solid data image quality
Poor expert reviews
Relatively sparse set of connectivity choices
Projectorshop24 £1,145.37 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | £1,145.37 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Design

Solid Data Image Quality

Three people who reviewed this projector considered that it was good quality. Three years ago Pc Mag mentioned on PC Mag “Solid data image quality” in their review of this projector.

Robust

Three people reckoned that the product was well made.

Ceiling Mountable

The XJ-M251 is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other similar spec multimedia projectors that were released more than two years ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Good Picture Quality

Three people who purchased it concluded that it had good picture quality.

Good Sound Quality

One customer considered that this projector had good sound quality.

Some 3D Capabilities

One customer who reviewed the product concluded that it had a good 3D picture quality. Pc Mag said on PC Mag “Some 3D capabilities” in their Casio XJ-M251 review.


Audio

Acceptable Noise Level

One customer considered that the Casio XJ-M251 was noisy. Pc Mag mentioned on PC Mag “Loud audio”.

Loud Audio

One customer considered that the Casio XJ-M251 was noisy. Pc Mag mentioned on PC Mag “Loud audio”.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The XJ-M251 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this projector also have a built-in speaker(s).

We compared this data projector to all the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the XJ-A252 (£1,139.99), the XJ-M246 (£1,069.09), and the XJ-A242 (£1,068.99) all from Casio which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Reviews

Casio Data Projectors Have Good Reviews

1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors produced by Casio have good reviews on average. We also checked the reviews for all projectors (not just 1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors) and found that Casio also has good reviews across its entire range. 100% of those that bought a Casio data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.

Poor Expert Reviews

This data projector received an expert rating of 60 out of 100 from PC Mag. This means that experts really don't rate this projector very highly.


Projector

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

This data projector has a projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800), which is the most frequently found projector native resolution on 1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been available for a similar time to it.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of 3,000 ANSI lumens, the XJ-M251 has a pretty standard projector brightness compared to most of the other 1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been around for more than two years.

We compared this projector to all the other 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness projectors and we think the XJ-M156 (£956.24), the XJ-A252 (£1,139.99), and the XJ-M256 (£1,239.12) all from Casio which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

3D-Ready

The Casio XJ-M251 is 3D-ready, as are most of the other multimedia projectors of a comparable age and type to this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Support Full HD

The XJ-M251 does not support full HD. Most of the other 1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been on the market for more than two years also do not support full HD.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The XJ-M251 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that came out more than two years ago also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Relatively Sparse Set of Connectivity Choices

One owner thought the product was not good in terms of connectivity. Three years ago Pc Mag said “Relatively sparse set of connectivity choices”.


Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other 1800:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been around for a comparable time to this data projector, the Casio XJ-M251 does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Price

Expensive

The cheapeast comparable spec multimedia projectors that have been around for more than two years that we found costs £853 and the most expensive costs £1,320. We think that this Casio projector looks expensive for a projector of a comparable spec and age.

Price Has Gone Up by £77.39 (7%)

There was a cheaper price of £1,067.98 at PC World Business 80 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 71% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 29% chance that the price will actually go back down. Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Chart Hide Chart

Energy

Running Costs Are Average

The XJ-M251 has an average running cost of £61 over 1 year based on average energy prices and usage levels, which is typical compared to the other 25 multimedia projectors of a similar spec and age.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was April 2017 when Casio released the XJ-M251.


Performance

Average Noise Level

At 33 decibels, the XJ-M251 has a relatively standard noise level compared to most of the other projectors that came out more than two years ago.

We compared this data projector to all the other 33dB noise level multimedia projectors and we think the XJ-M146 (£983.23), the XJ-M156 (£956.24), and the XJ-M256 (£1,239.12) all from Casio which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00079767466923, 04971850466925

Other Projectors to Consider

Casio XJ-A247 vs Casio XJ-M251

Casio XJ-A247 vs Casio XJ-M251
Casio XJ-A247 Casio XJ-M251
£ 855.60 £1,145.37
£290 Cheaper
Significantly Shorter
Expert Reviews Are Appreciably Better
Lighter
Lower RMS Rated Power
500 ANSI Lumens Dimmer Projector Brightness

Casio XJ-A142 vs Casio XJ-M251

Casio XJ-A142 vs Casio XJ-M251
Casio XJ-A142 Casio XJ-M251
£ 936.00 £1,145.37
£209 Cheaper
Significantly Shorter
Lighter
34% Bigger Offset
Four Times Lower RMS Rated Power
20% Dimmer Projector Brightness

Casio XJ-M146 vs Casio XJ-M251

Casio XJ-M146 vs Casio XJ-M251
Casio XJ-M146 Casio XJ-M251
£ 983.23 £1,145.37
£162 Cheaper
Considerably Better Expert Reviews
Two More USB 2.0 Ports
PC Mag Review is Considerably Better
500 ANSI Lumens Dimmer Projector Brightness
Smaller Matrix Size
Feedback