Close
Share on
DELL 1450
DELL 1450
22 Images + 6 Videos

Loading image...

DELL 1450 Projector

£481.26
£311.87 £169.39 cheaper than 72 days ago
2200:1 XGA (1024x768) 34dB Jul 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date £77.40 Electricity cost over 5 years
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Supports full HD
DELL only has unexceptional reviews for its projectors
INTECHGROUPLLC £311.87 Go to Store
Projectorshop24 £384.00 Go to Store
Techdna £528.52 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 6 Stores | £311.87 - £653.29 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

DELL Only Has Unexceptional Reviews for Its Projectors

Based on 1,027 user and expert reviews, DELL has unexceptional reviews for its projectors. DELL also has unexceptional reviews specifically within its 2200:1 contrast ratio data projectors range.


Energy

OK Running Costs

The 1450 has an average 1 year running cost of £78 based on typical energy prices, which is typical compared to the other projectors of this spec and age.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £169.39 (35%)

The price has dropped from £481.26 to £311.87 in the last 72 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 82% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 18% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

0% Price Increase

In the last 20 days the 1450 has increased in price by 0%.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was April 2017 when DELL released the 1450.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The DELL 1450 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other multimedia projectors that are a comparable age to this data projector also have a built-in speaker(s).

There are a number of alternative data projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might also want to look at including the Optoma H114 (£359.98) which is cheaper; or the Epson EH-TW5300 (£449.99) which has better reviews.

It is worth also looking at alternative projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) including the Epson EH-TW5210 (£431.86).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Supports Full HD

The DELL 1450 supports full HD. Most of the other multimedia projectors that have been on the market for more than a year also support full HD.

It may also be worth considering one of the alternative data projectors which support full HD currently available including a cheaper multimedia projector such as the Optoma H114 (£359.98) or you might consider a higher rated multimedia projector such as the Epson EH-TW5300 (£449.99).

We compared this data projector to all the other multimedia projectors with a full HD and we think the Epson EH-TW5210 (£431.86) is also worth considering.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

3D-Ready

The DELL 1450 is 3D-ready. Most of the other comparable spec data projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this projector also are 3D-ready.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

HD-Ready

The DELL 1450 is HD-Ready, as are most of the other comparable spec projectors that were launched more than a year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Average Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of 3,000 ANSI lumens, the DELL 1450 has a fairly typical projector brightness compared to most of the other similar spec data projectors that have been on the market for more than a year.

If this projector projector brightness is not bright enough for you then you might also want to consider the H182X (£299.99) (3,200 ANSI lumens and cheaper), or the H114 (£359.98) (3,400 ANSI lumens and cheaper) both from Optoma.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The highest resolution of the DELL 1450 is XGA (1024x768). That's 62% less resolution than a 1080p (1920x1080) multimedia projector, which is the most frequently found resolution.

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

With a noise level of 34 decibels, the DELL 1450 has a relatively average noise level compared to most of the other projectors that are a comparable age to this projector.

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Password Protection

The DELL 1450 supports password protection. Most of the other projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this multimedia projector also support password protection.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The DELL 1450 is RoHS compliance, as are most of the other projectors that came out around the same time as this data projector.

What does "RoHS compliance" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The DELL 1450 is ceiling mountable. Most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and type also are ceiling mountable.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The DELL 1450 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other projectors of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other projectors of a similar age and spec to this projector, the DELL 1450 does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Very Small Bulb Power

Across all the comparable spec data projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this multimedia projector the bulb powers range from 140W to 470W. The DELL 1450 has a fairly small bulb power (only 190 Watts) compared to most of the other multimedia projectors that were released one year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 04058154050828, 05397063622023

DELL 1450 Review Sources

To prepare this DELL 1450 review we compared this projector to 2,059 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 326,528 product attributes, 14,204 projector reviews and 2,772,200 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Sony VPL-EW315 vs DELL 1450

Sony VPL-EW315 vs DELL 1450
Sony VPL-EW315 DELL 1450
£ 699.99 £311.87
Significantly Higher RMS Rated Power
One More USB 2.0 Port
Two HDMI Ports
A Lot Longer Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
£388 More Expensive
1.7kg Heavier

Sony VPL-EW345 vs DELL 1450

Sony VPL-EW345 vs DELL 1450
Sony VPL-EW345 DELL 1450
£ 770.00 £311.87
Higher RMS Rated Power
Two USB 2.0 Ports
One More HDMI Port
Longer Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
£458 More Expensive
42% Heavier

Epson EH-TW5350 vs DELL 1450

Epson EH-TW5350 vs DELL 1450
Epson EH-TW5350 DELL 1450
£ 598.06 £311.87
69,000h Longer Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
3W Higher RMS Rated Power
Two HDMI Ports
One More USB 2.0 Port
£286 More Expensive
Only One VGA (D-Sub) Port
Feedback