Close
Share on
Epson 965H
Epson 965H
4 Images

Loading image...

Epson 965H Projector

£440.33
£352.20 £88.13 cheaper than 27 days ago
10000:1 XGA (1024x768) 37dB 3,500 ANSI Lumens Jan 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £112.77 Electricity cost over 5 years
One industry award
Excellent quality for data images
No 3D support
PC Mag Editor's Choice
eBay £352.20 Go to Store
Amazon UK £581.25 Go to Store
CE Showroom £720.22 Go to Store
See All 4 Prices from 4 Stores | £352.20 - £733.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £88.13 (20%)

The price has dropped from £440.33 to £352.20 in the last 27 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 86% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 14% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

One Industry Award

The editor of one expert review site concluded that this projector was excellent and gave it their highest award. This Epson projector received an "Editor's Choice" award from PC Mag.

Expert Reviews Are Good

Expert review website PC Mag scored this 10000:1 contrast ratio projector 80%.

Epson Projectors Have Good Reviews

Based on 887 expert and user reviews (including 30 verified purchases), Epson has good ratings for its data projectors. Epson also has good ratings specifically within its 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors range. 95% of those that bought a Epson projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Design

Excellent Quality for Data Images

Four owners mentioned in their reviews that it was good quality. Three years ago Pc Mag mentioned on PC Mag “Better video quality than most XGA projectors” but even so they scored it 18.8 out of 100. Pc Mag also said “Near-excellent quality for data images” in their review. Pcmag.com mentioned “The Epson PowerLite 965 XGA 3LCD Projector delivers a bright image, high quality for data images”.

Ceiling Mountable

The Epson 965H is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other projectors that have been around for more than two years.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Epson 965H has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other projectors that have been available for more than two years also have a built-in speaker(s).

We think you might also be interested in some of the alternative data projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including the Epson PowerLite 955W (£731.53), the Benq W1300 (£773.95), or the Infocus IN1146 (£649.00) which has better reviews.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Fairly Bright Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of 3,500 ANSI lumens, the Epson 965H has a fairly bright projector brightness compared to most of the other projectors of this age and type. Projectors that are a similar age to this data projector have projector brightnesses of between 300 ANSI lumens and 20,000 ANSI lumens.

We compared all the other 3,500 ANSI lumens brightness projectors to this projector and we think because of it's better review score, the NEC M352 (£843.34) is also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Epson 965H is XGA (1024x768). That's 23% less resolution than the most frequently found projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

HD-Ready

The Epson 965H is HD-Ready. Most of the other multimedia projectors that have been around for more than two years also are HD-Ready.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Support Full HD

The Epson 965H does not support full HD, although keep in mind that most of the other projectors of a similar type and age to this data projector also do not support full HD.

We think you might also be interested in alternative data projectors which also support full HD including the W1300 (£773.95), the TH682 (£628.90), or the MH680 (£607.98) all from Benq.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Epson 965H has an Ethernet LAN, which is unusual. Most of the other projectors of a comparable age and type to this projector do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Epson 965H has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other multimedia projectors of this type and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

No 3D Support

One owner wrote in their reviews that the Epson 965H did not have a good 3D picture quality. Pc Mag wrote in their Epson 965H review “No 3D support” .


Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The Epson 965H does not have a DVI port. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been available for a similar time to this projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Average Running Costs

The 965H is typical compared to the other 160 projectors of a comparable age and type that we have assessed for running costs. Based on average energy prices, we estimate the 965H will cost £113 over 1 year to run.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was April 2017 when Epson released the 965H.


Performance

Average Noise Level

At 37 decibels, the Epson 965H has a pretty average noise level compared to most of the other projectors that were released more than two years ago.

We compared this data projector to all the other 37dB noise level data projectors and we think because of it's better review score, the Epson PowerLite 955W (£731.53) is also worth considering.

If you are not bothered about having a louder noise level then you might want to look at the Infocus IN1146 (£649.00) (34dB and higher rated); or the Benq GP30 (£599.00) (36dB and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers epson deutschland gmbh v11h682040
Barcodes 00010343917958, 08715946545387

Other Projectors to Consider

Benq TH682 vs Epson 965H

Benq TH682 vs Epson 965H
Benq TH682 Epson 965H
£ 628.90 £352.20
1080p (1920x1080) Resolution
Moderately Better Expert Reviews
17% Cheaper to Run
16% Quieter Noise Level
£277 More Expensive
Only One HDMI Port

Benq W1080 vs Epson 965H

Benq W1080 vs Epson 965H
Benq W1080 Epson 965H
£ 839.99 £352.20
Five More Awards
Slightly Better Expert Reviews
20% Quieter Noise Level
Bigger Lamp Power
£488 More Expensive
Only One Audio Out Port

Benq MH680 vs Epson 965H

Benq MH680 vs Epson 965H
Benq MH680 Epson 965H
£ 607.98 £352.20
Two More Awards
£22.55 Cheaper to Run
Quieter Noise Level
25.08mm Shallower
£256 More Expensive
Only One Audio in Port
Feedback