Close
Share on
Epson EB-X18
Epson EB-X18
2 Images

Loading image...

Epson EB-X18 Projector

£419.99
£379.98 £40.01 cheaper than 55 days ago
10000:1 XGA (1024x768) 37dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Dec 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £88.59 Electricity cost over 5 years
Good brand
Supports Wi-Fi
Does not support full HD
Projectorshop24 £379.98 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 3 Stores | £379.98 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £40.01 (10%)

The price has dropped from £419.99 to £379.98 in the last 55 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 68% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 32% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Good Brand

Based on 886 owner and expert reviews (including 30 verified purchases), Epson has good reviews for its projectors. Epson also has good reviews specifically within its 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors range compared to other brands. 95% of those that bought a Epson data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Energy

OK Running Costs

The EB-X18 has an average running cost of £89 over 1 year based on average energy prices, which is typical compared to the other 161 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched more than two years ago.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

It was December 2013 when Epson released the EB-X18.


Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

The Epson EB-X18 supports Wi-Fi, which is unusual. Most of the other projectors that were released around the same time as this multimedia projector do not support Wi-Fi.

There are a number of other projectors which support Wi-Fi currently available that you might want to look at including because of its better review score, the Benq GP20 (£399).

We compared this data projector to all the other multimedia projectors with a Wi-Fi and we think the Epson EB-X03 is also worth considering.

What is Wi-Fi? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Does Not Support Full HD

Like most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that have been available for more than two years, the Epson EB-X18 does not support full HD.

We compared this projector to all the other projectors with a full HD and we think the Benq MH680 (£461.61) which is also higher rated is also worth considering.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Epson EB-X18 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for around the same time as this data projector.

We think you might also be interested in some of the alternative projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including because of their better review scores, the Optoma ML550 (£385.41), or the Benq GP20 (£399).

We compared this projector to all the other data projectors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the Epson EB-X03 is also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

At 37 decibels, the Epson EB-X18 has a fairly standard noise level compared to most of the other multimedia projectors of a comparable age and type to this data projector.

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,000 ANSI lumens, the Epson EB-X18 has a relatively standard projector brightness compared to most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for a similar time to this projector.

We compared this projector to all the other 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness projectors and we think because of its better review score, the Benq MH680 (£461.61) is also worth considering.

If this Epson projector projector brightness is too dim for you then you might want to look at the Epson 965H (£350.86) (3,500 ANSI lumens) which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The Epson EB-X18 has a maximum resolution of XGA (1024x768). That's 23% less resolution than a WXGA (1280x800) projector, which is the most common resolution.

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The Epson EB-X18 has a carrying case, as do most of the other similar spec multimedia projectors that have been around for around the same time as this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Epson EB-X18 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched more than two years ago also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The Epson EB-X18 does not have a DVI port. Most of the other projectors of a comparable age and spec to this multimedia projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers epson v11h551041
Barcodes 04053162598416, 05052916816447, 05054484598015, 05054533598010, 08715946517162, 08715946531144, 08715946531151

Epson EB-X18 Review Sources

To prepare this Epson EB-X18 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 326,513 product attributes, 14,250 projector reviews and 2,764,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Epson EB-W28

Epson
EB-W28

£ 434.99
Epson has good reviews for its projectors
Good product quality
Good size
£55 More Expensive
One industry award
Good value for money
Supports full HD
£201 More Expensive
Epson EB-1751

Epson
EB-1751

£ 614.38
Epson has good reviews for its multimedia projectors
Acceptable noise level
Easy to use
£234 More Expensive
Optoma DH1011

Optoma
DH1011

£ 797.02
Optoma has good multimedia projector reviews
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
£417 More Expensive
Benq MH680

Benq
MH680

£ 461.61
Four industry awards
Reasonably priced
Good quality
£82 More Expensive
Acer H6510

Acer
H6510

£ 519.99
Good brand
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
£140 More Expensive
Feedback