Close
Share on
Epson EB-X31
Epson EB-X31
2 Images

Loading image...

Epson EB-X31 Projector

£329.99
15000:1 XGA (1024x768) 37dB 3,200 ANSI Lumens Oct 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £90.69 Electricity cost over 5 years
Epson has good projector reviews
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Does not support full HD
Argos £329.99 Go to Store
Ebuyer Business £429.99 Go to Store
Ebuyer £440.99 Go to Store
See All 23 Prices from 22 Stores | £329.99 - £617.66 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by £30.02 (9%)

There was a cheaper price of £299.97 at Laptops Direct 39 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 44% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 56% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Epson Has Good Projector Reviews

Based on 886 expert and owner reviews (including 53 verified purchases), Epson has good ratings for its projectors. Epson also has good ratings specifically within its 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors range compared to other manufacturers. 98% of those that bought a Epson data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Energy

Running Costs Are OK

The average running cost of the EB-X31 is £91 over 1 year based on typical energy prices, which is typical compared to the other 41 multimedia projectors of this age and spec.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was October 2015 when Epson released the EB-X31.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Epson EB-X31 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other comparable spec projectors that were released around the same time as this multimedia projector.

We compared this multimedia projector to all the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the Epson EB-W31 (£362.50) which is cheaper; or the Infocus IN118HDXC which has better reviews are also worth considering.

We compared all the other projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) to this data projector and we think the Epson VS340 (£345.48) is also worth considering.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Does Not Support Full HD

The Epson EB-X31 does not support full HD. Most of the other data projectors of this spec and age do support full HD.

Alternative projectors which also support full HD that you might want to look at include the Infocus IN118HDXC which also has a higher rating.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

HD-Ready

The Epson EB-X31 is HD-Ready, as are most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that came out more than a year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Only XGA (1024x768) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Epson EB-X31 is XGA (1024x768). That's 62% less resolution than a 1080p (1920x1080) projector, which is the most common resolution. Across all 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that came out around the same time as this projector the best resolution is WUXGA (1920x1200) and the worst is SVGA (800x600).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of 3,200 ANSI lumens, the Epson EB-X31 has a pretty standard projector brightness compared to most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this projector.

Other 3,200 ANSI lumens brightness multimedia projectors currently available which you might want to consider include the Infocus IN118HDXC which has better reviews; or the EB-W31 (£362.50), or the S31+ both from Epson and both of which are cheaper.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The Epson EB-X31 has a carrying case, as do most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Epson EB-X31 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that were launched more than a year ago also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The Epson EB-X31 is ceiling mountable, as are most of the other projectors of a similar spec and age to this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Long Service Life of Lamp

The Epson EB-X31 has one of the longer service life of lamps (5,000 hours) amongst similar spec data projectors of this age. Projectors that were released around the same time as this data projector have service life of lamps of between 20h and 7,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Quite Loud Noise Level

Across all the projectors that came out around the same time as this projector the noise levels range from 29dB to 39dB. At 37 decibels, the Epson EB-X31 has a quite loud noise level compared to most of the other similar spec projectors that were released one year ago.

We compared this data projector to all the other 37dB noise level multimedia projectors and we think a cheaper projector such as the Epson VS240 (£289.31) or you might consider a better rated projector such as the Epson VS345 (£369.43) are also worth considering.

If you don't mind having a louder noise level then you might want to consider the Epson VS340 (£345.48) (37dB).

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers listing v11h720041, epson vp132519, epson p232070p, epson 1024x768, epson ep55220, epson 132519, epson ebx31
Barcodes 02520101501230, 04053162983434, 08715946552194, 08715946552200

Epson EB-X31 Review Sources

To prepare this Epson EB-X31 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 327,808 product attributes, 14,367 projector reviews and 3,039,000 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Optoma W415e

Optoma
W415e

£ 939.26
Vastly higher number of colours
Hugely bigger offset
Hugely higher RMS rated power
£609 More Expensive
Optoma W316ST

Optoma
W316ST

£ 421.28
1,072.33M higher number of colours
104.4% bigger offset
8W higher RMS rated power
£91 More Expensive
Infocus IN128HDSTX

Infocus
IN128HDSTX

£ 776.85
8W higher RMS rated power
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports
One more audio in port
£447 More Expensive
Vivitek DU978-WT

Vivitek
DU978-WT

£ 1,413.75
94% bigger offset
Two more VGA (D-Sub) ports
One more HDMI port
£1,084 More Expensive
Benq W2000

Benq
W2000

£ 769.00
1,068.93M higher number of colours
Vastly bigger offset
Vastly higher RMS rated power
£439 More Expensive
Vivitek DW814

Vivitek
DW814

£ 475.00
Bigger offset
Higher RMS rated power
Two more VGA (D-Sub) ports
£145 More Expensive
Feedback