Close
Share on
NEC M403H
NEC M403H
4 Images

Loading image...

NEC M403H Projector

£1,137.87
10000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 30dB Aug 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date £92.04 Electricity cost over 5 years
NEC has good projector reviews
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Amazon UK £1,137.87 Go to Store
Misco £1,231.20 Go to Store
Direct TVs £1,544.97 Go to Store
See All 14 Prices from 14 Stores | £1,137.87 - £1,555.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by £740.87 (65%)

There was a cheaper price of £397 on Amazon UK 80 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 60% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 40% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Energy

Running Costs Are OK

The M403H has an average 1 year running cost of £93 based on average energy prices and usage levels, which is typical compared to the other 115 data projectors of a comparable age and spec.


Reviews

NEC Has Good Projector Reviews

NEC has good average ratings for its 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors as well as across its entire data projector range. 100% of those that bought a NEC data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This projector has been on the market since August 2015.


Video

Supports Full HD

The NEC M403H supports full HD, as do most of the other comparable spec projectors that were released around the same time as this data projector.

It may also be worth also looking at one of the other projectors which support full HD currently available including the Vivitek DH758UST (£1,085.99) which is cheaper.

We compared all the other data projectors which also support full HD to this projector and we think the Benq MH856UST (£1,150.30), or the Hitachi CP-WX5500 (£1,162.31) are also worth considering.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The NEC M403H has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other projectors of this spec and age.

We think you might also be interested in alternative projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) including the Vivitek DW3321 (£1,150), the Benq MH856UST (£1,150.30), or the Hitachi CP-WX5500 (£1,162.31).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

The highest resolution of the NEC M403H is 1080p (1920x1080). That's over two times the resolution of the most frequently found projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800). Similar spec data projectors that came out more than a year ago projector native resolutions range from XGA (1024x768) to WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

The NEC M403H has a fairly typical projector brightness (4,000 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other data projectors of this spec and age.

We think you might also be interested in some of the alternative 4,000 ANSI lumens brightness multimedia projectors currently available including the NEC M403W (£882.35) which is cheaper.

If this multimedia projector projector brightness is not bright enough for you then you might want to consider the Panasonic PT-VX425N (£886.33) (4,500 ANSI lumens and cheaper), or the Optoma EH490 (£1,034.42) (4,600 ANSI lumens and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The NEC M403H is RoHS compliance, as are most of the other multimedia projectors of a similar age and type to this projector.

What does "RoHS compliance" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The NEC M403H has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other projectors of a similar age and type to this multimedia projector also have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The NEC M403H has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The NEC M403H does not have a DVI port. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that were launched more than a year ago also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Supports Password Protection

The NEC M403H supports password protection. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this projector also support password protection.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The NEC M403H has an On Screen Display (OSD). Most of the other data projectors of a comparable age and spec to this projector also have an On Screen Display (OSD).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Quiet Noise Level

The average noise level of 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for a similar time to this multimedia projector is 34dB, and the noise levels range from 27dB to 48dB. The NEC M403H has one of the quieter noise levels (only 30 decibels) amongst projectors of this age.

There are a number of alternative 30dB noise level data projectors currently available which you might want to look at including cheaper projectors such as the NEC M403W (£882.35).

If you don't mind having a louder noise level then you might want to look at the EB-585W (£959.99) (35dB and cheaper), or the EB-575W (£880.79) (35dB and cheaper) both from Epson.

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Fairly Long Service Life of Lamp

The NEC M403H has a fairly long service life of lamp (5,500 hours) compared to most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and type. The shortest service life of lamp of projectors that have been on the market for a comparable time to this data projector is 1,500h and the longest is 30,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 04053162968738, 05028695612068

NEC M403H Review Sources

To prepare this NEC M403H review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 326,513 product attributes, 14,250 projector reviews and 2,764,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Ricoh PJ WX2240 vs NEC M403H

Ricoh PJ WX2240 vs NEC M403H
Ricoh PJ WX2240 NEC M403H
£ £1,137.87
1.1kg Lighter
67.8mm Shallower
Narrower
28W Brighter Lamp Power in Economic Mode
Only One VGA (D-Sub) Port
Nine Times Lower RMS Rated Power

Optoma W303ST vs NEC M403H

Optoma W303ST vs NEC M403H
Optoma W303ST NEC M403H
£ 644.79 £1,137.87
£493 Cheaper
Two Built-In Speakers
Lighter
One More VGA (D-Sub) Port
One Less HDMI Port
Only One USB 2.0 Port

Epson EX7240 vs NEC M403H

Epson EX7240 vs NEC M403H
Epson EX7240 NEC M403H
£ 545.78 £1,137.87
£592 Cheaper
3.7kg Lighter
26.22mm Shorter
Five Months Newer
Lower RMS Rated Power
One Less VGA (D-Sub) Port
Feedback