Close
Share on
Optoma DH400
Optoma DH400
10 Images

Loading image...

Optoma DH400 Projector

£767.52
£704.39 £63.13 cheaper than 8 days ago
15000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 4,000 ANSI Lumens Mar 2016
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Projector Brightness Release Date £2,376.67 Electricity cost over 5 years
Optoma has good reviews for its projectors
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Box £769.99 Go to Store
Amazon UK £772.68 Go to Store
Appliances Direct £774.97 Go to Store
See All 14 Prices from 14 Stores | £704.39 - £1,216.12 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £63.13 (8%)

The price has dropped from £767.52 to £704.39 in the last 8 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 89% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 11% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Optoma Has Good Reviews for Its Projectors

We checked 1,873 owner and expert reviews (including 23 verified purchases) for Optoma projectors and found that on average Optoma has good ratings compared to other manufacturers. We also found that Optoma has good ratings specifically for its 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors. 90% of those that bought a Optoma projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This Optoma multimedia projector was released in March 2016.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Optoma DH400 supports full HD. Most of the other projectors of a comparable age and type to this multimedia projector also support full HD.

We compared this projector to all the other multimedia projectors which support full HD and we think cheaper multimedia projectors such as the Infocus IN128HDX (£699.60), and the Vivitek DW832 (£650) are also worth considering.

We think you might also be interested in alternative projectors which also support full HD including the Infocus IN128HDSTX (£714).

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Optoma DH400 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other multimedia projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector.

We think you might also be interested in some of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including cheaper projectors such as the Infocus IN128HDX (£699.60).

There are a number of other multimedia projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) which you might want to consider including the IN128HDSTX (£714), or the IN1116 (£758.29) both from Infocus.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

This projector has a projector native resolution of 1080p (1920x1080), which is typical of many projectors of a comparable age and spec to it.

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Bright Projector Brightness

The projector brightnesses of projectors of this type and age range from 2,000 ANSI lumens to 6,000 ANSI lumens, and the average projector brightness is 3,400 ANSI lumens. The Optoma DH400 has one of the brighter projector brightnesses (4,000 ANSI lumens) amongst multimedia projectors of this age.

It may also be worth considering one of the other 4,000 ANSI lumens brightness projectors currently available including the Infocus IN128HDX (£699.60) which is cheaper.

If you want a brighter projector brightness then you might want to consider the Vivitek DW832 (£650) (5,000 ANSI lumens and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Optoma DH400 has an Ethernet LAN, which is unusual. Most of the other multimedia projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The Optoma DH400 is RoHS compliance. Most of the other similar spec data projectors that were released more than a year ago also are RoHS compliance.

What does "RoHS compliance" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Design

Ceiling Mountable

The Optoma DH400 is ceiling mountable. Most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that are a similar age to this projector also are ceiling mountable.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Optoma DH400 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other projectors that were released more than a year ago also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this multimedia projector, the Optoma DH400 does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Optoma DH400 has an On Screen Display (OSD). Most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and type also have an On Screen Display (OSD).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Loud Noise Level

The Optoma DH400 has one of the louder noise levels (37 decibels) amongst similar spec data projectors of this age. The quietest noise level of multimedia projectors of a comparable spec and age to this projector is 29dB, the loudest is 39dB, and the average noise level is 35dB.

We compared this projector to all the other 37dB noise level multimedia projectors and we think the Epson EB-U32 (£574.91) which has better reviews is also worth considering.

Alternative projectors with a louder noise level that you might want to look at include the Epson EX7240 (£545.78) (34dB and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Very Long Service Life of Lamp

The service life of lamps of 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector range from 20h to 7,000h. At 7,000 hours, the Optoma DH400 has a very long service life of lamp compared to most of the other comparable spec projectors that have been around for around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Big Bulb Power

The Optoma DH400 has a quite big bulb power (260 Watts) compared to most of the other comparable spec projectors that have been on the market for more than a year. 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been available for a comparable time to this projector have bulb powers of between 170W and 310W, and the average bulb power is 230W.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

High Running Costs

The DH400 is in the most expensive 1% of all 41 similar spec projectors that have been on the market for more than a year that we have analysed for running costs. Based on typical energy prices, we estimate the DH400 will cost £2,377 over 1 year to run.

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers optoma 9572w01gclr, optoma 1920x1080, code 9572w01gclr, optoma dh400half, code 1920x1080, optoma code
Barcodes 05055387638853

Optoma DH400 Review Sources

To prepare this Optoma DH400 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 326,513 product attributes, 14,250 projector reviews and 2,764,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Epson EB-W04 vs Optoma DH400

Epson EB-W04 vs Optoma DH400
Epson EB-W04 Optoma DH400
£ 359.99 £704.39
£344 Cheaper
Two USB 2.0 Ports
590g Lighter
Lower Power Consumption in Economy Mode
One Less VGA (D-Sub) Port
9W Lower RMS Rated Power

Epson EB-U32 vs Optoma DH400

Epson EB-U32 vs Optoma DH400
Epson EB-U32 Optoma DH400
£ 574.91 £704.39
£129 Cheaper
Two USB 2.0 Ports
Lower Power Consumption in Economy Mode
390g Lighter
Four Times Lower RMS Rated Power
One Less VGA (D-Sub) Port

Epson EB-U04 vs Optoma DH400

Epson EB-U04 vs Optoma DH400
Epson EB-U04 Optoma DH400
£ 469.99 £704.39
£234 Cheaper
One More USB 2.0 Port
42W Lower Power Consumption in Economy Mode
14% Cheaper to Run
Only One VGA (D-Sub) Port
Smaller Offset
Feedback