Close
Share on
Optoma EH515T
Optoma EH515T
9 Images

Loading image...

Optoma EH515T Projector

£2,338.80
£2,010.40 £328.40 cheaper than 81 days ago
10000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 28dB Oct 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date £139.89 Electricity cost over 5 years
Optoma projectors have good reviews
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
Appliances Direct £2,090.97 Go to Store
Laptops Direct £2,090.97 Go to Store
Debenhams Plus £2,101.00 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 6 Stores | £2,010.40 - £4,189.36 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Optoma Projectors Have Good Reviews

Based on 1,873 user and expert reviews, Optoma has good reviews for its projectors. Optoma also has good reviews specifically for its 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors compared to other manufacturers. 100% of those that bought a Optoma projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £328.40 (14%)

The price has dropped from £2,338.80 to £2,010.40 in the last 81 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 47% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 53% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Expensive

We think this multimedia projector looks expensive compared to other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for more than a year. The cheapeast data projector of a similar type and age that we found costs £329 and the most expensive costs £19,033.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This 10000:1 contrast ratio projector was released in October 2015.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Optoma EH515T supports full HD, as do most of the other data projectors that were launched more than a year ago.

Alternative projectors which support full HD currently available which you might want to look at include the Optoma EH515 (£1,950) which is cheaper.

It is worth considering alternative data projectors which also support full HD including the Panasonic PT-FZ570 (£2,038.80).

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Optoma EH515T has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for more than a year.

We compared this projector to all the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) and we think the W515T (£1,998), and the EH515 (£1,950) both from Optoma and both of which are cheaper are also worth considering.

There are a number of other projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) which you might want to consider including the Panasonic PT-FZ570 (£2,038.80).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Running Costs Are Very High

The average running cost of the EH515T is £140 over 1 year based on typical usage levels and energy prices, which makes it one of the least economic to run projectors that have been around for more than a year.


Projector

Quite Bright Projector Brightness

The Optoma EH515T has a quite bright projector brightness (5,500 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector. The dimmest projector brightness of similar spec multimedia projectors that have been around for a comparable time to this projector is 600 ANSI lumens, the brightest is 16,000 ANSI lumens, and the average projector brightness is 4,100 ANSI lumens.

There are a number of other 5,500 ANSI lumens brightness projectors currently available that you might want to look at including cheaper multimedia projectors such as the Optoma EH515 (£1,950).

If you want a brighter projector brightness then you might want to look at the Hitachi CP-WX8650 (£2,445.60) (6,500 ANSI lumens).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

The Optoma EH515T has a maximum resolution of 1080p (1920x1080). That's over two times the resolution of a WXGA (1280x800) data projector, which is the most frequently found resolution. Across all multimedia projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this multimedia projector the worst resolution is XGA (1024x768) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The Optoma EH515T is RoHS compliance. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that were released around the same time as this projector also are RoHS compliance.

What does "RoHS compliance" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Optoma EH515T has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other comparable spec data projectors that came out around the same time as this data projector also have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Optoma EH515T has a handheld remote control. Most of the other projectors of this spec and age also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched more than a year ago, the Optoma EH515T does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Big Bulb Power

At 365 Watts, the Optoma EH515T has a quite big bulb power compared to most of the other projectors of a similar type and age to this projector. The average bulb power of multimedia projectors that were released around the same time as this projector is 260W.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Short Service Life of Lamp

The average service life of lamp of 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been around for around the same time as this projector is 5,800h, and the service life of lamps range from 1,500h to 30,000h. The Optoma EH515T has a quite short service life of lamp (only 3,000 hours) compared to most of the other projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Supports Password Protection

The Optoma EH515T supports password protection. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were released more than a year ago also support password protection.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The Optoma EH515T has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other projectors that have been available for around the same time as this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Quiet Noise Level

At only 28 decibels, the Optoma EH515T has a quite quiet noise level compared to most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this projector. The average noise level of projectors that were released one year ago is 34dB, and the noise levels range from 27dB to 48dB.

We think you might also be interested in some of the alternative 28dB noise level data projectors currently available including cheaper projectors such as the W515T (£1,998), the W515 (£1,807.20), or the EH515 (£1,950) all from Optoma.

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers optoma 9572201gc1e, optoma p239256p, optoma p240474p, optoma eh515t
Barcodes 05055387629035

Optoma EH515T Review Sources

To prepare this Optoma EH515T review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 326,513 product attributes, 14,250 projector reviews and 2,764,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Canon WX310ST vs Optoma EH515T

Canon WX310ST vs Optoma EH515T
Canon WX310ST Optoma EH515T
£ 596.99 £2,010.40
£1,413 Cheaper
Two Times Lighter
142mm Narrower
42% Lower Power Consumption in Economy Mode
Lower RMS Rated Power
Only One HDMI Port

Ricoh PJ WX2240 vs Optoma EH515T

Ricoh PJ WX2240 vs Optoma EH515T
Ricoh PJ WX2240 Optoma EH515T
£ £2,010.40
Lighter
Shorter
£50.63 Cheaper to Run
120.5mm Shallower
Only One HDMI Port
Vastly Lower RMS Rated Power

Canon X320 vs Optoma EH515T

Canon X320 vs Optoma EH515T
Canon X320 Optoma EH515T
£ 431.08 £2,010.40
£1,579 Cheaper
Two Times Lighter
Narrower
Shallower
10W Lower RMS Rated Power
One Less Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) Port
Feedback