Close
Share on
Sony VPL-DW240
Sony VPL-DW240
8 Images

Loading image...

Sony VPL-DW240 Projector

£503.45
£460.09 £43.36 cheaper than 19 days ago
4000:1 UXGA (1600 X 1200) 41dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Aug 2016
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date
Excellent brand
Good size
Good technical features
projectorreviews.com Special Interest Award
Primo IT £460.09 Go to Store
Computers Deal £478.22 Go to Store
PC World Business £484.78 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 5 Stores | £460.09 - £679.26 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £43.36 (9%)

The price has dropped from £503.45 to £460.09 in the last 19 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 57% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 43% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Excellent Brand

Multimedia projectors produced by Sony are some of the best multimedia projectors according to average reviews from experts and owners. 100% of those that bought a Sony multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Weight & Dimensions

Good Size

Two people reckoned that it was compact. Projectorreviews.com mentioned “The Sony VPL-DW240 is a compact business or classroom projector that offers good performance combined with a reasonable set of features” in their Sony VPL-DW240 review.


Features

Good Technical Features

Two Sony VPL-DW240 owners thought it had good features.


Other

Released Nine Months Ago

Sony released the VPL-DW240 in August 2016.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The VPL-DW240 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other new multimedia projectors.

Alternative data projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might want to look at include because of their better review scores, the Optoma HD27 (£443.86), the DELL S510 (£499.99), or the Sony VPL-EW235.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

At 41 decibels, the Sony VPL-DW240 has a pretty average noise level compared to most of the other recently released 4000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors.

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

UXGA (1600 X 1200) Resolution

The highest resolution of the VPL-DW240 is UXGA (1600 x 1200). That's over two times the resolution of the most common projector native resolution of XGA (1024x768).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Dim Projector Brightness

The VPL-DW240 has a quite dim projector brightness (only 3,000 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other latest 4000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors. Recently released comparable spec projectors have projector brightnesses of between 3,000 ANSI lumens and 6,000 ANSI lumens.

If you are looking for a brighter projector brightness then you might want to look at the Sony VPL-DX240 (£460.98) (3,200 ANSI lumens) which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The VPL-DW240 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other new data projectors.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The VPL-DW240 does not have a DVI port, although keep in mind that most of the other projectors that are a similar age to this projector also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Very Small Bulb Power

Similar spec data projectors that were launched around the same time as this projector have bulb powers of between 210W and 370W, and the average bulb power is 290W. With a bulb power of only 215 Watts, the VPL-DW240 has one of the smaller bulb powers amongst similar spec projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers sony vpldw240, sony p241500p, sony 1280x800
Barcodes 04548736032538

Sony VPL-DW240 Review Sources

To prepare this Sony VPL-DW240 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 328,171 product attributes, 14,282 projector reviews and 3,049,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

DELL 4350

DELL
4350

£ 837.46
24kg lighter
Two more USB 2.0 ports
Two VGA (D-Sub) ports
£377 More Expensive
NEC P502H

NEC
P502H

£ 1,953.60
5x lighter
Two VGA (D-Sub) ports
One more USB 2.0 port
£1,494 More Expensive
NEC P502W

NEC
P502W

£ 1,636.80
Lighter
Three USB 2.0 ports
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
£1,177 More Expensive
Canon MW500

Canon
MW500

£ 1,642.37
Significantly lighter
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
42% bigger lamp power
£1,182 More Expensive
8x lighter
87% longer service life of lamp (economic mode)
Two USB 2.0 ports quantitys
£138 More Expensive
DELL 1550

DELL
1550

£ 549.99
Lighter
Two VGA (D-Sub) ports
One more USB 2.0 port
£90 More Expensive
Feedback