Close
Share on
Sony VPL-EW315
Sony VPL-EW315
2 Images

Loading image...

Sony VPL-EW315 Projector

£699.99
3700:1 WXGA (1280x800) 29dB 3,800 ANSI Lumens Sep 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £99.83 Electricity cost over 5 years
Sony has excellent projector reviews
Supports full HD
Price increase of 25%
Amazon UK £699.99 Go to Store
BT Business Direct £733.22 Go to Store
BT Shop £733.22 Go to Store
See All 15 Prices from 13 Stores | £699.99 - £1,020.90 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Up by 25% (25%)

There was a cheaper price of £528 on Amazon UK 40 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 81% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 19% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.


Reviews

Sony Has Excellent Projector Reviews

On average projectors manufactured by Sony are rated 89 out of 100, which is in the top 5% of all multimedia projector brands that we have looked at. 100% of those that bought a Sony multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Sony VPL-EW315 supports full HD, as do most of the other data projectors that came out around the same time as this data projector.

We compared this multimedia projector to all the other projectors which support full HD and we think the Acer H7550 (£689.28), and the LG PF1500G which has better reviews; or the Panasonic PT-TX312 (£679.00) which is cheaper are also worth considering.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The VPL-EW315 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other similar spec projectors that are a comparable age to this multimedia projector.

It may also be worth also looking at one of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including the PF1500G, or the PF1000U (£879.95) both from LG or the Optoma HD28DSE (£639.00) which has better reviews.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Sony VPL-EW315 has an Ethernet LAN, as do most of the other comparable spec projectors that were launched more than a year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The VPL-EW315 has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other projectors of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Quiet Noise Level

The VPL-EW315 has a quite quiet noise level (only 29 decibels) compared to most of the other projectors that have been around for around the same time as this multimedia projector. Across all the similar spec data projectors that have been around for a comparable time to this projector the noise levels range from 21dB to 41dB, and the average noise level is 32dB.

If you are not bothered about having a louder noise level then you might also want to look at the Sony VPL-EW345 (£770.00) (29dB).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The VPL-EW315 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that came out around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other Features

Features Digital Keystone Correction

The VPL-EW315 features digital keystone correction, as do most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The VPL-EW315 does not have a DVI port. Most of the other comparable spec projectors that have been around for more than a year also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Running Costs Are OK

The average running cost of the VPL-EW315 is £100 over 1 year based on average usage levels and energy prices, which is typical compared to the other data projectors of this type and age.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This data projector was released in April 2017.


Projector

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,800 ANSI lumens, the VPL-EW315 has a relatively average projector brightness compared to most of the other data projectors of this age and spec.

If this 3700:1 contrast ratio multimedia projector projector brightness is not bright enough for you then you might also want to look at the Sony Vpl-ex345 (£614.93) (4,200 ANSI lumens and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

The VPL-EW315 has a maximum resolution of WXGA (1280x800). That's 51% less resolution than a 1080p (1920x1080) data projector, which is the most frequently found resolution.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers sony wxga1280x800portable, sony 900000290922, sony vplew315, sony p230941p, sony c04pza00, part 1280x800, sony 1280x800, sony c04pzs00, sony stock
Barcodes 00000090256400, 00027242888876, 04053162997356, 04548736004191, 05054629910344

Other Projectors to Consider

DELL 4350 vs Sony VPL-EW315

DELL 4350 vs Sony VPL-EW315
DELL 4350 Sony VPL-EW315
£ 845.26 £699.99
Twice the Resolution
Two VGA (D-Sub) Ports
A Lot Lighter
One More USB 2.0 Port
£145 More Expensive
Shorter Lamp Service Life

NEC V302H vs Sony VPL-EW315

NEC V302H vs Sony VPL-EW315
NEC V302H Sony VPL-EW315
£ 740.40 £699.99
Higher Contrast Ratio
1080p (1920x1080) Resolution
1.2kg Lighter
Narrower
£40 More Expensive
8W Lower RMS Rated Power

Benq MW727 vs Sony VPL-EW315

Benq MW727 vs Sony VPL-EW315
Benq MW727 Sony VPL-EW315
£ 610.98 £699.99
£89 Cheaper
3 Times the Contrast Ratio
Two More VGA (D-Sub) Ports
Lighter
Significantly Shorter Lamp Service Life
One Less S-Video Input
Feedback