Close
Share on
Sony VPLSW636C
Sony VPL-SW636C
2 Images

Loading image...

Sony VPLSW636C Projector

£1,229.25
£1,195.14 £34.11 cheaper than 44 days ago
3000:1 WXGA (1280x800) 28dB 3,300 ANSI Lumens Dec 2015
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £108.81 Electricity cost over 5 years
Excellent brand
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
BT Shop £1,208.12 Go to Store
BT Business Direct £1,208.12 Go to Store
Just Projectors £1,195.14 Go to Store
See All 6 Prices from 6 Stores | £1,195.14 - £1,539.60 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Excellent Brand

We checked the reviews from experts and users of hundreds of projectors to determine an average rating for each multimedia projector manufacturer. On average Sony data projectors have excellent ratings from experts and users. 100% of those that bought a Sony multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £34.11 (3%)

The price has dropped from £1,229.25 to £1,195.14 in the last 44 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 84% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 16% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Recent Price Drop of £25.72

In the last 20 days the price of the VPL-SW636C has dropped by £25.72.


Energy

Average Running Costs

Based on typical usage levels and energy prices we estimate that the VPL-SW636C will cost £109 over 1 year to run, which is typical compared to the other 11 projectors of a comparable age and type.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was April 2017 when Sony released the VPL-SW636C.


Video

Supports Full HD

The VPL-SW636C supports full HD. Most of the other 3000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been on the market for more than a year do not support full HD.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Sony VPL-SW636C has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other 3000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been around for a similar time to this data projector.

There are a number of alternative multimedia projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might also want to look at including cheaper projectors such as the Sony VPLSW631 (£918.99).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Average Projector Brightness

With a projector brightness of 3,300 ANSI lumens, the VPL-SW636C has a pretty average projector brightness compared to most of the other projectors of a similar age and spec to this data projector.

If this data projector projector brightness is too dim for you then you might also want to consider the 4500 Ansi Wxga 3lcd Projector (£943.83) (4,200 ANSI lumens and cheaper), or the 5000 Ansi Xga 3lcd Projector (£969.99) (5,000 ANSI lumens and cheaper) both from Epson.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

This multimedia projector has a projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800), which is typical of many comparable spec projectors that came out more than a year ago.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Has a DVI Port

The VPL-SW636C has a DVI port. Most of the other projectors of a similar type and age to this multimedia projector do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The Sony VPL-SW636C has an Ethernet LAN, as do most of the other similar spec projectors that are a comparable age to this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The VPL-SW636C has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other similar spec projectors that have been available for around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Fairly Long Service Life of Lamp

At 6,000 hours, the VPL-SW636C has a quite long service life of lamp compared to most of the other similar spec projectors that came out more than a year ago. Across all the 3000:1 contrast ratio multimedia projectors that have been on the market for a similar time to this projector the service life of lamps range from 2,000h to 10,000h, and the average service life of lamp is 5,000h.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The VPL-SW636C has an On Screen Display (OSD), as do most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Very Quiet Noise Level

Multimedia projectors of a comparable spec and age to this projector have noise levels of between 28dB and 39dB, and the average noise level is 34dB. With a noise level of only 28 decibels, the VPL-SW636C has one of the quieter noise levels amongst comparable spec projectors of this age.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 05013493264632

Other Projectors to Consider

Benq SU922 vs Sony VPL-SW636C

Benq SU922 vs Sony VPL-SW636C
Benq SU922 Sony VPL-SW636C
£ 1,672.36 £1,195.14
Two Built-In Speakers
One More HDMI Port
Bigger Lamp Power
Brighter Projector Brightness
£477 More Expensive
Three Times Shorter Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode

DELL 4350 vs Sony VPL-SW636C

DELL 4350 vs Sony VPL-SW636C
DELL 4350 Sony VPL-SW636C
£ 845.26 £1,195.14
£350 Cheaper
Lighter
One More HDMI Port
Three USB 2.0 Ports
2x Shorter Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
3,000h Shorter Lamp Service Life

NEC P502W vs Sony VPL-SW636C

NEC P502W vs Sony VPL-SW636C
NEC P502W Sony VPL-SW636C
£ 1,636.80 £1,195.14
One More HDMI Port
40% Bigger Lamp Power
1,100 ANSI Lumens Brighter Brightness in Economy Mode
34% Brighter Projector Brightness
£442 More Expensive
5,000h Shorter Service Life of Lamp in Economic Mode
Feedback