Close
Share on
Viewsonic PJD8633WS
Viewsonic PJD8633
8 Images

Loading image...

Viewsonic PJD8633WS Projector

£783.36
15000:1 WXGA (1280x800) 34dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Feb 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £115.86 Electricity cost over 5 years
Good expert reviews
Good range of connectivity choices
Supports full HD
Projectorshop24 £783.36 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | £783.36 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Good Expert Reviews

This data projector received an expert rating of 80 out of 100 from PC Mag. This puts this multimedia projector in the bottom 95% of all the 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that have been available for more than two years when ranked by average expert review score.

Excellent Brand

Based on 684 expert and user reviews (including 12 verified purchases), Viewsonic has excellent ratings for its projectors. Viewsonic also has excellent ratings specifically for its 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors compared to other manufacturers. 100% of those that bought a Viewsonic multimedia projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by £224.36 (29%)

There was a cheaper price of £559 on Amazon UK 76 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 49% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 51% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Not Cheap

The cheapeast multimedia projectors of this type and age that we found costs £241 and the most expensive costs £10,183. We think that this multimedia projector looks expensive for a multimedia projector of this type and age.


Smart TV

Good Range of Connectivity Choices

Three customers reckoned that it was good in terms of connectivity. Three years ago Pc Mag scored it 80 out of 100 and said “Good range of connectivity choices”. Expert review site Pcmag.com gave this projector a score of 80 out of 100 and mentioned “It also has a good set of connectivity choices, including LAN, USB display”. They also wrote “The Viewsonic PJD8633ws offers solid data-image quality and abundant connectivity in a short-throw projector” in their review.


Energy

OK Running Costs

The PJD8633 is typical compared to the other 72 projectors of a comparable spec and age that we have assessed for 1 year running costs. Based on typical usage levels and energy prices, we estimate the 1 year running cost of the PJD8633 is £116.


Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

Viewsonic released the PJD8633 in February 2013.


Video

Supports Full HD

The Viewsonic PJD8633 supports full HD, unlike most of the other comparable spec data projectors that were released more than two years ago which do not support full HD.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Viewsonic PJD8633 has a built-in speaker(s). Most of the other projectors of this type and age also have a built-in speaker(s).

It may also be worth also looking at one of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including because of its better review score, the Viewsonic PJD6544W (£654.04).

There are a number of other multimedia projectors which also have a built-in speaker(s) which you might want to consider including the Epson EB-536Wi (£806.57).

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

WXGA (1280x800) Resolution

The highest resolution of the PJD8633 is WXGA (1280x800). That's 30% more resolution than a XGA (1024x768) multimedia projector, which is the most frequently found resolution. Across all data projectors of this age and spec the worst resolution is SVGA (800x600) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Average Projector Brightness

At 3,000 ANSI lumens, the PJD8633 has a relatively average projector brightness compared to most of the other projectors of this spec and age.

If this multimedia projector projector brightness is not bright enough for you then you might want to consider the Epson EB-536Wi (£806.57) (3,400 ANSI lumens).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

At 34 decibels, the Viewsonic PJD8633 has a relatively average noise level compared to most of the other comparable spec multimedia projectors that have been available for more than two years.

There are a number of alternative 34dB noise level projectors currently available which you might want to look at including because of its better review score, the Viewsonic PJD6544W (£654.04).

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an On Screen Display (OSD)

The PJD8633 has an On Screen Display (OSD). Most of the other projectors that came out more than two years ago also have an On Screen Display (OSD).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Has an Ethernet LAN

The PJD8633 has an Ethernet LAN. Most of the other data projectors of this spec and age do not have an Ethernet LAN.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

RoHS Compliance

RoHS compliance

The Viewsonic PJD8633 is RoHS compliance. Most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this multimedia projector also are RoHS compliance.

What does "RoHS compliance" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Viewsonic PJD8633 has a handheld remote control, as do most of the other projectors that have been on the market for around the same time as this projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The PJD8633 does not have a DVI port, although keep in mind that most of the other projectors of this age and type also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers viewsonic pjd8633ws, vs14935 pjd8633ws
Barcodes 00021112252675, 00086000228040, 00766907665116, 07669076651160

Viewsonic PJD8633 Review Sources

To prepare this Viewsonic PJD8633 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 327,808 product attributes, 14,384 projector reviews and 2,839,100 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Infocus IN122A

Infocus
IN122A

£ 300.42
£483 Cheaper
One year newer
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
Lower RMS rated power
Optoma EH300

Optoma
EH300

£ 386.47
£397 Cheaper
Two built-in speakers
One more HDMI port
Only one USB 2.0 port
Infocus IN126

Infocus
IN126

£ 250.00
£533 Cheaper
Shallower
16 months newer
14W lower RMS rated power
Infocus IN116A

Infocus
IN116A

£ 242.97
£540 Cheaper
Ten months newer
47% lighter
Lower RMS rated power
Viewsonic PJD5533W

Viewsonic
PJD5533W

£ 325.00
£458 Cheaper
1.5kg lighter
£35.26 cheaper to run
7x lower RMS rated power
Optoma W307

Optoma
W307

£ 524.34
£259 Cheaper
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
Four months newer
Only one USB 2.0 port
Feedback