Close
Share on
Vivitek D552
Vivitek D552
6 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

Vivitek D552 Projector

£338.32
£325.00 £13.32 cheaper than 7 days ago
15000:1 SVGA (800x600) 35dB 3,000 ANSI Lumens Jun 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution Noise Level Projector Brightness Release Date £80.60 Electricity cost over 5 years
Vivitek data projectors have good reviews
Supports full HD
Has a built-in speaker(s)
eBay £325.00 Go to Store
Projectorshop24 £338.32 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 2 Stores | £325.00 - £338.32 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £13.32 (4%)

The price has dropped from £338.32 to £325 in the last 7 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 39% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 61% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Energy

OK Running Costs

The average running cost of the D552 is £81 over 1 year based on typical energy prices, which is typical compared to the other 72 comparable spec projectors that were launched more than two years ago.


Reviews

Vivitek Data Projectors Have Good Reviews

Vivitek is one of the superior data projector brands according to average owner and expert review score data that we have collected for all data projectors. 100% of those that bought a Vivitek data projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

It was June 2013 when this data projector was released.


Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The Vivitek D552 has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other projectors of this type and age.

We think you might also be interested in some of the other projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available including the Optoma X316 (£318.99), or the Infocus IN122A (£300.42) both of which are cheaper; or the Viewsonic PJD5232 (£308.66) which has better reviews.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Projector

Only SVGA (800x600) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Vivitek D552 is SVGA (800x600). That's 39% less resolution than a XGA (1024x768) projector, which is the most frequently found resolution.

A SVGA (800x600) projector native resolution is actually the worst resolution across all projectors that came out around the same time as this data projector.

The best resolution amongst similar types of projector is WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite Dim Projector Brightness

The Vivitek D552 has a quite dim projector brightness (only 3,000 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other projectors that have been on the market for more than two years. The projector brightnesses of data projectors that were released more than two years ago range from 700 ANSI lumens to 11,000 ANSI lumens.

We compared this multimedia projector to all the other 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness projectors and we think the Viewsonic PJD6543W (£403.52) which has better reviews is also worth considering.

If you want a projector with a brighter projector brightness then you might want to look at the Optoma S316 (£280.80) (3,200 ANSI lumens and higher rated); or the Optoma X316 (£318.99) (3,200 ANSI lumens and cheaper).

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Supports Full HD

The Vivitek D552 supports full HD, unlike most of the other data projectors of this age and type which do not support full HD.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

3D-Ready

The Vivitek D552 is 3D-ready, as are most of the other projectors of a comparable spec and age to this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Average Noise Level

At 35 decibels, the Vivitek D552 has a fairly average noise level compared to most of the other data projectors of this age and type.

Other multimedia projectors with a louder noise level that you might want to look at include the PJD5232 (£308.66) (32dB and higher rated), or the PJD6543W (£403.52) (32dB and higher rated) both from Viewsonic; or the Viewsonic PJD5134 (£264.44) (32dB and cheaper).

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The Vivitek D552 has a handheld remote control. Most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and spec also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

Like most of the other data projectors of a comparable spec and age to this projector, the Vivitek D552 does not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Very Small Bulb Power

The average bulb power of similar spec projectors that have been around for a comparable time to this data projector is 280W, and the bulb powers range from 190W to 2,400W. The Vivitek D552 has one of the smaller bulb powers (only 190 Watts) amongst 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Fairly Long Service Life of Lamp

The shortest service life of lamp of data projectors of a similar age and type to this projector is 2,000h, the longest is 30,000h, and the average service life of lamp is 5,200h. At 5,000 hours, the Vivitek D552 has a fairly long service life of lamp compared to most of the other 15000:1 contrast ratio data projectors that were launched around the same time as this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 00012304291138, 00132018331163, 00163121424831, 00814964338006

Vivitek D552 Review Sources

To prepare this Vivitek D552 review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 328,120 product attributes, 14,264 projector reviews and 2,801,300 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Optoma W307

Optoma
W307

£ 524.34
8W higher RMS rated power
One more audio in port
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports
£199 More Expensive
Infocus IN126

Infocus
IN126

£ 250.00
£75 Cheaper
Eleven months newer
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
Nine times smaller offset
Optoma W306

Optoma
W306

£ 634.90
80% higher RMS rated power
Two audio in ports
21% bigger lamp power
£310 More Expensive
Optoma W303

Optoma
W303

£ 643.28
Quieter noise level
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports quantitys
16% bigger matrix size
£318 More Expensive
Optoma X316

Optoma
X316

£ 318.99
£6 Cheaper
Brighter lamp power in economic mode
Longer lamp service life
13% wider
Viewsonic PJD6345

Viewsonic
PJD6345

£ 430.00
88% higher RMS rated power
Two audio in ports
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
£105 More Expensive
Feedback