Close
Share on
Vivitek H1180HD
Vivitek H1180HD
12 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

Vivitek H1180HD Projector

£745.00
£715.00 £30.00 cheaper than 11 days ago
10000:1 1080p (1920x1080) 33dB Dec 2013
Contrast Ratio (typical) Projector Native Resolution 3D Noise Level Release Date £80.60 Electricity cost over 5 years
Supports full HD
Low running costs
Average expert reviews
6 Reviews
eBay £715.00 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 1 Store | £715.00 - £725.00 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £30 (4%)

The price has dropped from £745 to £715 in the last 11 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 55% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 45% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Energy

Low Running Costs

Based on typical energy prices and usage levels we estimate that the 1 year running cost of the H1180HD is only £81, which is in the cheapest 14% of all 161 projectors of this age and type.


Reviews

Average Expert Reviews

Based on three expert reviews from sites including lydogbillede.dk, ljudochbild.se and Lydogbilde.no this projector has an average expert rating of 67 out of 100.

Good Brand

Projectors built by Vivitek are some of the better projectors according to average expert and user reviews. 100% of those that bought a Vivitek projector would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Other

Released Over Three Years Ago

Vivitek released the H1180HD in December 2013.


Projector

Quite Dim Projector Brightness

The Vivitek H1180HD has a quite dim projector brightness (only 2,000 ANSI lumens) compared to most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that are a similar age to this multimedia projector. 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for a comparable time to this projector have projector brightnesses of between 300 ANSI lumens and 20,000 ANSI lumens, and the average projector brightness is 3,400 ANSI lumens.

We think you might also be interested in some of the other 2,000 ANSI lumens brightness multimedia projectors currently available including the Benq W1300 (£773.95) which has better reviews.

If this projector projector brightness is too dim for you then you might want to look at the Benq W1350 (£1,059.99) (2,500 ANSI lumens) which also has a higher rating.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1080p (1920x1080) Resolution

The highest resolution of the Vivitek H1180HD is 1080p (1920x1080). That's over two times the resolution of the most frequently found projector native resolution of WXGA (1280x800). Across all 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched more than two years ago the worst resolution is SVGA (800x600) and the best is WUXGA (1920x1200).

What does "projector native resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Video

Supports Full HD

The Vivitek H1180HD supports full HD, unlike most of the other multimedia projectors of this age and spec which do not support full HD.

We compared all the other data projectors which support full HD to this projector and we think because of its better review score, the Epson Home Cinema 600 is also worth considering.

What is full HD? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

3D-Ready

The H1180HD is 3D-ready. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were launched more than two years ago also are 3D-ready.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Multimedia

Has a Built-In Speaker(s)

The H1180HD has a built-in speaker(s), as do most of the other comparable spec data projectors that have been around for a similar time to this projector.

Other multimedia projectors with a built-in speaker(s) currently available which you might want to look at include because of its better review score, the NEC NP-M322X.

What is a built-in speaker(s)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Two Video Formats Supported

The number of supported video formats on the H1180HD is more than most 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that came out more than two years ago. The most commonly supported video formats supported is AVI, but this video formats supported is not supported by this projector. The video formats supported H.264 and MPEG4 are also supported by this data projector.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Quite Quiet Noise Level

The average noise level of 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been on the market for more than two years is 36dB. The H1180HD has one of the quieter noise levels (only 33 decibels) amongst projectors of this age.

There are a number of other 33dB noise level projectors currently available which you might want to consider including because of their better review scores, the MH680 (£458.85), or the W1500 both from Benq or the NEC M352 (£843.34).

What does "noise level" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Carrying Case

The Vivitek H1180HD has a carrying case. Most of the other 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that have been available for around the same time as this projector also have a carrying case.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Handheld Remote Control

The H1180HD has a handheld remote control. Most of the other data projectors of this spec and age also have a handheld remote control.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Does Not Have a DVI Port

The H1180HD does not have a DVI port. Most of the other data projectors that came out more than two years ago also do not have a DVI port.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Lamps

Quite Small Bulb Power

The average bulb power of 10000:1 contrast ratio projectors that were released more than two years ago is 240W, and the bulb powers range from 15W to 840W. With a bulb power of only 190 Watts, the Vivitek H1180HD has one of the smaller bulb powers amongst similar spec multimedia projectors of this age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers vivitek h1180hd
Barcodes 00132018331132, 00805673542266, 00814964338907, 08149643389072

Vivitek H1180HD Review Sources

To prepare this Vivitek H1180HD review we compared this projector to 2,071 other models. For each projector that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 328,171 product attributes, 14,282 projector reviews and 3,049,700 historical projector prices from 169 projector retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this projector compared to the other models as well as any areas where this projector is lacking.

Other Projectors to Consider

Optoma X600

Optoma
X600

£ 1,033.90
96% brighter lamp power in economic mode
Expert reviews are appreciably better
67% brighter projector brightness
£319 More Expensive
Epson EB-955W

Epson
EB-955W

£ 400.00
£315 Cheaper
Three VGA (D-Sub) ports
One more component video in port
Only one HDMI port
Epson PowerLite 99W

Epson
PowerLite 99W

£ 594.25
£121 Cheaper
Expert reviews are a lot better
Three audio (L,R) ins
One less HDMI ports quantity
Epson PowerLite 570

Epson
PowerLite 570

£ 890.97
Three audio in ports
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
40% longer service life of lamp in economic mode
£176 More Expensive
Epson EB-1970W

Epson
EB-1970W

£ 1,037.00
60% brighter projector brightness
One more VGA (D-Sub) port
Two audio in ports
£322 More Expensive
DELL M115HD

DELL
M115HD

£ 238.00
£477 Cheaper
75% cheaper to run
Hugely narrower
One less HDMI port
Feedback