Close
Share on
LG 55EF950V
LG 55EF950
11 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

LG 55EF950V

£1,399.00
55" 4K Passive Sep 2015
A
Display Diagonal HD Type 3D 3D Type Release Date £155.66 Electricity cost over 5 years
Two industry awards
Good picture quality
Good product quality
5 Reviews + 2 Awards
Les Numeriques.com 5 Star 01net.com 5 Star
eBay £1,399.00 Go to Store
Amazon UK £2,297.99 Go to Store
Emazing Deals £1,798.00 Go to Store
See All 4 Prices from 4 Stores | £1,399.00 - £2,297.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

Two Industry Awards

The authors at two expert review sites both thought that this 4K and 8K TV was good. This television received a "5 Star" award from both 01net.com and Les Numeriques.com.

Excellent Expert Reviews

On average, based on three expert reviews from sites including 01net.com, fwdmagazine.be and Les Numeriques.com this TV has an overall expert rating of 97 out of 100. The expert review sites think this LG TV is one of the very best similar spec TVs that came out more than a year ago.

LG Has Good TV Reviews

Based on 9,694 user and expert reviews (including 2,455 verified purchases), LG has good ratings for its televisions. LG also has good ratings specifically within its 4K and 8K TVs range compared to other brands. 92% of those that bought a LG TV would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by 25% (25%)

There was a cheaper price of £1,050 on eBay 14 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 77% chance that the price will go back down. However the future is never certain and there remains a 23% chance that the price will actually go up further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Not Cheap

We checked 203 televisions of a similar age and type and they range in price from £229 to £14,899. We think that this TV looks expensive compared to other televisions of a similar age and type.


Design

Good Product Quality

One LG 55EF950 owner who reviewed this TV concluded that it was good quality.

Robust

One customer reckoned that the product was good at resisting water ingress.


Energy

Running Costs Are OK

This television has an energy efficiency rating of A. The 55EF950 has an average running cost of £156 over 5 years based on typical energy prices, which is typical compared to the other 473 TVs of this age and type.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was September 2015 when LG released the 55EF950.


Management Features

Has an ECO Mode

The 55EF950 has an ECO mode. Most of the other TVs of a comparable type and age to this TV also have an ECO mode.

What is an ECO mode? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)

The 55EF950 has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), as do most of the other TVs of a comparable age and spec to this TV.

What is an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Good Picture Quality

One person who bought it concluded that it had good picture quality.

Features OLED Technology

The LG 55EF950 features OLED technology, which is unusual. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been available for around the same time as this TV do not feature OLED technology.

What is OLED technology? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a 2D-3D Converter

The LG 55EF950 has a 2D-3D converter. Most of the other similar spec TVs that have been available for more than a year also have a 2D-3D converter.

What is a 2D-3D converter? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

55 Inches Display Diagonal

This is a 55 inch TV.

What does "display diagonal" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

supports Wi-Fi

The 55EF950 supports Wi-Fi, as do most of the other TVs of this age and spec.

There are a number of other televisions which also support Wi-Fi that you might want to consider including the UE65JS8500 (£1,995), or the UE65JS9000 (£2,225) both from Samsung.

What is Wi-Fi? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Miracast

The 55EF950 supports Miracast, as do most of the other TVs of a comparable age and type to this TV.

What is Miracast? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Bluetooth

The 55EF950 supports Bluetooth, as do most of the other TVs of a comparable age and type to this TV.

What is Bluetooth? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Wi-Fi Direct

The 55EF950 supports Wi-Fi Direct, as do most of the other TVs that have been around for around the same time as this television.

What is Wi-Fi Direct? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Ethernet Port

The LG 55EF950 has an ethernet port, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that are a comparable age to this television.

What is an ethernet port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Supports AptX Audio Decoding

The 55EF950 supports aptX audio decoding, as do most of the other similar spec TVs that are a comparable age to this TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi)

The 55EF950 supports Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi). Most of the other televisions of this type and age also support Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi).

What is Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Pair of 3D Glasses Included

The LG 55EF950 has a pair of 3D glasses included. Most of the other TVs of this age and type also have a pair of 3D glasses included.

What is a pair of 3D glasses included? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Ziggo Certified

The 55EF950 is Ziggo certified, as are most of the other comparable spec televisions that were launched more than a year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Certified

The LG 55EF950 has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified, as do most of the other TVs that came out around the same time as this TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Supports 24p

The 55EF950 supports 24p. Most of the other comparable spec TVs that were launched around the same time as this television also support 24p.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Parental Controls

The 55EF950 supports parental controls, as do most of the other TVs of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Features Local Dimming

The LG 55EF950 features local dimming. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for a similar time to this TV also feature local dimming.

What is local dimming? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Supports Smart TV

The LG 55EF950 supports Smart TV. Most of the other TVs of a comparable age and spec to this TV also support Smart TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Quite Thin

The thinnest depth of 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for around the same time as this TV is 17mm, the thickest is 100mm, and the average depth is 61mm. The 55EF950 has a quite thin depth (only 49.9 millimeters) compared to most of the other similar spec TVs that have been around for a comparable time to this TV.

What does "depth" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers lg electronics 55ef950v, condition 55ef950v, lg 55ef950v
Barcodes 00635131626029, 08806087144680, 08806087144697, 08806087144703, 08806087144710, 08806087144765

LG 55EF950 Review Sources

To prepare this LG 55EF950 review we compared this TV to 4,717 other models. For each TV that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 1,018,074 product attributes, 85,006 TV reviews and 3,569,800 historical TV prices from 204 TV retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this TV compared to the other models as well as any areas where this TV is lacking.

Other TVs to Consider

LG 55EG920

LG
55EG920

£ 1,499.00
Three industry awards
Reasonably priced
£100 More Expensive
Not robust
£300 Cheaper
One industry award
Great picture quality
Good picture quality
£749 Cheaper
Eight industry awards
Good product quality
It's not cheap
LG 55UF695

LG
55UF695

£ 699.00
£700 Cheaper
User reviews are excellent
Supports Wi-Fi
Not 3D
LG 55UF850

LG
55UF850

£ 579.00
£820 Cheaper
Excellent owner reviews
Good picture quality
Good product quality
LG 60UH850

LG
60UH850

£ 795.00
£604 Cheaper
LG TVs have good reviews
Has an ECO mode
Features High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI)
Feedback