Close
Share on
LG 70UH700V
LG 70UH700
7 Images + 1 Video

Loading image...

LG 70UH700V

£2,399.00
70" 4K Ultra HD Edge-LED Flat Feb 2016
A+
Display Diagonal HD Type LED Backlighting Type Screen Shape Release Date £217.76 Electricity cost over 5 years
One industry award
Features USB recording
Has an ECO mode
Lydogbilde.no Best Buy
eBay £2,399.00 Go to Store
PCArena-Bristol £2,437.49 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 2 Stores | £2,399.00 - £2,437.49 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

One Industry Award

The expert at one expert review site thought that this LG television would make a great purchase. This LG TV received a "Best Buy" award from Lydogbilde.no.

Good Expert Reviews

Television expert review website Lydogbilde.no scored this TV 83 out of 100.

LG Televisions Have Good Reviews

We checked 9,080 expert and owner reviews (including 1,947 verified purchases) for LG TVs and found that on average LG has good ratings compared to other manufacturers. We also found that LG has good ratings specifically for its 4K and 8K TVs. 92% of those that bought a LG TV would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by £733.17 (31%)

There was a cheaper price of £1,665.83 at Selfridges 44 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 83% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 17% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Not Cheap

We think this television looks expensive compared to other televisions of this age and type. The cheapeast TV of this age and type that we found costs £229 and the most expensive costs £14,899.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

This LG TV has been on the market since February 2016.


Display

4K Ultra HD

4K Ultra HD

The display resolution of this TV is 4K Ultra HD, which is typical of many 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for more than a year. 4K Ultra HD TVs have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.

4K Ultra HD TVs have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.

What does "HD type" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Not 3D

The LG 70UH700 is not 3D, although keep in mind that most of the other TVs that were released more than a year ago are also not 3D.

If you would prefer a TV that is 3D then you might want to look at the LG 65EF950 (£2,992), the Samsung UE65JS9000 (£2,225), or the LOEWE Reference (£2,750).

What does "3D" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

70 Inches Display Diagonal

This is a 70 inches television.

What does "display diagonal" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Features USB Recording

The 70UH700 features USB recording, as do most of the other TVs of this type and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Features High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI)

The 70UH700 features High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI), as do most of the other similar spec televisions that were launched more than a year ago.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Parental Controls

The 70UH700 supports parental controls. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that were released around the same time as this TV also support parental controls.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Features Local Dimming

The 70UH700 features local dimming. Most of the other TVs of a similar spec and age to this TV also feature local dimming.

What is local dimming? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Management Features

Has an ECO Mode

The 70UH700 has an ECO mode. Most of the other TVs of a similar age and type to this TV also have an ECO mode.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)

The 70UH700 has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG). Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for more than a year also have an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Energy

Running Costs Are Very High

The energy efficiency classification of this TV is A+, however based on typical usage levels and energy prices we estimate that the 70UH700 will cost £218 over 5 years to run, which is in the most expensive 15% of all 460 similar spec televisions that have been around for more than a year.


Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

supports Wi-Fi

The LG 70UH700 supports Wi-Fi. Most of the other TVs of this spec and age also support Wi-Fi.

Other televisions which support Wi-Fi currently available which you might want to look at include because of their better review scores, the UE65JS9000 (£2,225), or the UE65JS8500 (£1,995) both from Samsung or the LG 65EF950 (£2,992).

What is Wi-Fi? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Bluetooth

The LG 70UH700 supports Bluetooth. Most of the other comparable spec TVs that have been around for a similar time to this TV also support Bluetooth.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Miracast

The LG 70UH700 supports Miracast, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been on the market for a comparable time to this TV.

What is Miracast? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Wi-Fi Direct

The 70UH700 supports Wi-Fi Direct. Most of the other TVs of this spec and age also support Wi-Fi Direct.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Ethernet Port

The 70UH700 has an ethernet port, as do most of the other TVs of this spec and age.

What is an ethernet port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Has a Mounting Kit

The 70UH700 has a mounting kit. Most of the other televisions that have been around for around the same time as this TV also have a mounting kit.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Desktop Stand Included

The LG 70UH700 has a desktop stand included, as do most of the other TVs of this age and type.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Supports Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi)

The LG 70UH700 supports Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi), as do most of the other TVs of this spec and age.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Common Interface (CI) Slot

The 70UH700 has a common interface (CI) slot, as do most of the other similar spec TVs that were released around the same time as this television.

What is a common interface (CI) slot? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Supports Timeshift

The 70UH700 supports timeshift, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Video On Demand (VOD)

The 70UH700 supports video on demand (VOD), as do most of the other similar spec TVs that were released around the same time as this TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Smart TV

The 70UH700 supports Smart TV, as do most of the other televisions that have been available for more than a year.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Certified

The 70UH700 has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified, as do most of the other TVs of this age and spec.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Average Depth

At 59.7 millimeters, the 70UH700 has a relatively typical depth compared to most of the other televisions that have been available for around the same time as this TV.

If you would consider a TV with a thicker depth then you might want to look at the LG 65EF950 (£2,992) (49.9mm and higher rated), the Samsung UE65JU7000 (£1,899) (68.8mm and higher rated), or the LOEWE Reference (£2,750) (61mm and higher rated).

What does "depth" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers lg electronics ltd 70uh700v, directory uh700v, support 70uh700v, lg 70uh700v
Barcodes 00000071744964, 08806087692419, 08806087692433, 08806087692457

LG 70UH700 Review Sources

To prepare this LG 70UH700 review we compared this TV to 4,701 other models. For each TV that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 1,018,001 product attributes, 85,134 TV reviews and 3,292,400 historical TV prices from 204 TV retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this TV compared to the other models as well as any areas where this TV is lacking.

Other TVs to Consider

Samsung UE55KS7000 vs LG 70UH700

Samsung UE55KS7000 vs LG 70UH700
Samsung UE55KS7000 LG 70UH700
£ 649.99 £2,399.00
£1,749 Cheaper
Considerably Better Expert Reviews
11.5kg Lighter
78kWh Lower Annual Energy Consumption
Only One RF Port
A Lot Smaller Screen Size

Samsung UE55KS8000 vs LG 70UH700

Samsung UE55KS8000 vs LG 70UH700
Samsung UE55KS8000 LG 70UH700
£ 750.00 £2,399.00
£1,649 Cheaper
Two More Awards
Expert Reviews Are a Lot Better
Vastly Higher RMS Rated Power
One Less RF Port
28% Smaller Display Diagonal

Samsung UE65JU7000 vs LG 70UH700

Samsung UE65JU7000 vs LG 70UH700
Samsung UE65JU7000 LG 70UH700
£ 1,899.00 £2,399.00
£500 Cheaper
Two More Awards
A Little Better Expert Reviews
Energy Efficiency Rating is Higher
Older by Ten Months
9.1mm Thicker
Feedback