Close
Share on
Panasonic TX58DX800E
Panasonic TX-58DX800
2 Images

Loading image...

Panasonic TX58DX800E

£1,938.08
£1,780.10 £157.98 cheaper than 41 days ago
58" 4K Active Mar 2016
A
Display Diagonal HD Type 3D 3D Type Release Date £181.07 Electricity cost over 5 years
One industry award
3D
Supports Wi-Fi
3 Reviews + 1 Award
avforums.com Recommended
plazup bay £1,780.10 Go to Store
Wellindal £1,860.99 Go to Store
See All 2 Prices from 2 Stores | £1,780.10 - £1,860.99 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Reviews

One Industry Award

This TV received a "Recommended" award from review sites Avforums.com who thought that this television was good.

Good Expert Reviews

Based on three expert reviews from sites including avforums.com, everyeye.it and Les Numeriques.com this 4K and 8K TV has an average expert rating of 82%.

Panasonic Has Good Reviews for Its TVs

Based on 428 expert and user reviews (including 96 verified purchases), Panasonic has good ratings for its televisions. Panasonic also has good ratings specifically within its 4K and 8K TVs range compared to other brands.


Price

Price Has Gone Down by £157.98 (8%)

The price has dropped from £1,938.08 to £1,780.10 in the last 41 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 54% chance that the price will go back up. However the future is never certain and there remains a 46% chance that the price will actually go down further.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.

Not Cheap

The cheapeast televisions of a comparable type and age that we found costs £229 and the most expensive costs £14,899. We think that this television looks expensive for a television that has been on the market for more than a year.


Other

Released Over a Year Ago

It was March 2016 when this Panasonic TV was released.


Energy

Running Costs Are Average

This television is rated A for energy efficiency, and the TX-58DX800 is typical compared to the other 473 TVs of a similar age and spec that we have looked at for 5 year running costs. Based on typical energy prices and usage levels, we estimate the 5 year running cost of the TX-58DX800 is £182.


Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

supports Wi-Fi

The TX-58DX800 supports Wi-Fi. Most of the other televisions of this type and age also support Wi-Fi.

It may also be worth considering one of the alternative televisions which support Wi-Fi currently available including the UE65JU7000 (£1,899), or the UE65JS8500 (£1,995) both from Samsung or the LG 55EF950 (£1,399) which all of have better reviews.

What is Wi-Fi? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Bluetooth

The TX-58DX800 supports Bluetooth. Most of the other TVs of this age and spec also support Bluetooth.

What is Bluetooth? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Ethernet Port

The Panasonic TX-58DX800 has an ethernet port. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that are a comparable age to this TV also have an ethernet port.

What is an ethernet port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Has a PC in (D-Sub) Port

The TX-58DX800 has a PC in (D-Sub) port, which is unusual. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that are a similar age to this TV do not have a PC in (D-Sub) port.

What is a PC in (D-Sub) port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Audio

Four Loudspeakers

The TX-58DX800 is a four loudspeaker TV.

What does "loudspeaker" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Quite High RMS Rated Power

The average RMS rated power of TVs of this type and age is 26W. With an RMS rated power of 40 Watts, the Panasonic TX-58DX800 has a quite high RMS rated power compared to most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that are a similar age to this TV.

What does "RMS rated power" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Has a Game Mode

The Panasonic TX-58DX800 has a game mode, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been available for around the same time as this television.

What is a game mode? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Features Local Dimming

The TX-58DX800 features local dimming. Most of the other TVs that have been around for more than a year also feature local dimming.

What is local dimming? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Certified

The TX-58DX800 has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified. Most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been on the market for more than a year also have a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified.

What does "Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Supports Screen Mirroring

The TX-58DX800 supports screen mirroring, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been available for more than a year.

What is screen mirroring? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Internet TV

The TX-58DX800 supports internet TV, as do most of the other similar spec televisions that have been around for more than a year.

What is internet TV? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Smart TV

The Panasonic TX-58DX800 supports Smart TV, as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been on the market for around the same time as this TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Management Features

Has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)

The TX-58DX800 has an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), as do most of the other 4K and 8K TVs that have been available for a similar time to this television.

What is an Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Display

Very Fast Motion Interpolation Frequency

At 2,000 hertz, the TX-58DX800 has a very fast motion interpolation frequency compared to most of the other similar spec TVs that have been around for around the same time as this TV. The motion interpolation frequencies of 4K and 8K TVs that have been around for a comparable time to this TV range from 50Hz to 3,000Hz.

What does "motion interpolation frequency" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

58 Inches Display Diagonal

This is a 58 inch TV.

What does "display diagonal" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Quite Thin

When compared to other 4K and 8K TVs that have been on the market for around the same time as this TV that we have assessed, the TX-58DX800's depth of only 36 millimeters is one of the thinnest. The depths of 4K and 8K TVs that were released one year ago range from 17mm to 100mm.

If you don't mind having a thicker depth then you might want to look at the 55EF950 (£1,399) (49.9mm and higher rated), or the 55EG920 (£1,499) (48.9mm and higher rated) both from LG or the Samsung UE65JU7000 (£1,899) (68.8mm and higher rated).

What does "depth" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers panasonic tx58dx800e, smart tx58dx800e
Barcodes 05025232839339

Panasonic TX-58DX800 Review Sources

To prepare this Panasonic TX-58DX800 review we compared this TV to 4,717 other models. For each TV that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 1,041,700 product attributes, 88,470 TV reviews and 4,110,900 historical TV prices from 204 TV retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this TV compared to the other models as well as any areas where this TV is lacking.

Other TVs to Consider

Sony KD-65XD8577

Sony
KD-65XD8577

£ 2,149.00
Superior energy efficiency rating
Three USB 2.0 ports quantitys
Larger display diagonal
£369 More Expensive
Samsung UE65KS8000

Samsung
UE65KS8000

£ 1,394.99
£385 Cheaper
Two more USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports
Higher energy efficiency rating
Only one USB 2.0 port
Philips 65PUS7601

Philips
65PUS7601

£ 1,499.00
£281 Cheaper
Better energy efficiency rating
Three USB 2.0 ports
A lot thicker
LG 65UH650

LG
65UH650

£ 1,099.00
£681 Cheaper
Better energy efficiency rating
32% cheaper to run
Lower RMS rated power
LG 65UH600

LG
65UH600

£ 1,180.00
£600 Cheaper
Energy efficiency rating is better
23% cheaper to run
Slower motion interpolation frequency
Samsung UE43KU6500

Samsung
UE43KU6500

£ 449.99
£1,330 Cheaper
Cheaper to run by £68.90
Significantly lower annual energy consumption
Two less loudspeakers
Feedback