Close
Share on
Sony FWL48W705C
Sony FWL-48W705
3 Images

Loading image...

Sony FWL48W705C

£847.82
48" Full HD 5000:1 Edge-LED Mar 2015
A++
Display Diagonal HD Type Contrast Ratio (typical) LED Backlighting Type Release Date £76.75 Electricity cost over 5 years
Low running costs
Sony has good reviews for its televisions
Full HD
Communications Solutions £847.82 Go to Store
Computers Deal £859.14 Go to Store
Una Technology £872.53 Go to Store
See All 3 Prices from 3 Stores | £847.82 - £872.53 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Energy

Low Running Costs

The efficiency rating of this TV is A++, and the FWL-48W705 is in the cheapest 20% of all 661 medium display diagonal TVs that were released more than two years ago that we have analysed for running costs. Based on average energy prices and usage levels, we estimate the FWL-48W705 will cost only £77 over 5 years to run.


Reviews

Sony Has Good Reviews for Its Televisions

Based on 2,235 expert and owner reviews (including 459 verified purchases), Sony has good reviews for its TVs. Sony also has good reviews specifically within its medium display diagonal TVs range compared to other brands. 89% of those that bought a Sony TV would recommend the product that they bought to other buyers.


Price

Price Has Gone Up by £88.35 (10%)

There was a cheaper price of £759.47 at LambdaTek 87 days ago.Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 59% chance that the price will go up further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 41% chance that the price will actually go back down.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price goes back down.

Pricey

We checked 118 TVs of a similar type and age and they range in price from £209 to £1,499. We think that this medium display diagonal TV looks expensive compared to other TVs of a similar type and age.


Other

Released Over Two Years Ago

It was March 2015 when this medium display diagonal TV was released.


Display

Full HD

Full HD

The display resolution of this TV is Full HD, which is typical of many medium display diagonal TVs that were released around the same time as it. Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

Full HD TVs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.

What does "HD type" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Not 3D

The FWL-48W705 is not 3D, although it is worth noting that most of the other televisions that have been on the market for more than two years are also not 3D.

TVs which are 3D that might be worth looking at include the Samsung UE46F6800 (£827.99), or the Sharp LC-50LE761 (£799.99).

What does "3D" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1920 X 1080 Pixels Display Resolution

This television supports a display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which is the most commonly supported display resolution on televisions of this spec and age.

What does "display resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

48 Inches Display Diagonal

This is a 48 inch TV.

We compared this TV to all the other 48" televisions and we think the Samsung UE48H6270 (£637.39) which is cheaper is also worth considering.

What does "display diagonal" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Networking

Supports Wi-Fi

supports Wi-Fi

The Sony FWL-48W705 supports Wi-Fi. Most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been available for around the same time as this TV also support Wi-Fi.

It may also be worth also looking at one of the other televisions which support Wi-Fi currently available including cheaper TVs such as the Samsung UE46F6800 (£827.99), or the LG 42LY960.

It is worth considering alternative televisions which also support Wi-Fi including the Panasonic TX-42AS740 (£849.99).

What is Wi-Fi? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Miracast

The Sony FWL-48W705 supports Miracast. Most of the other TVs of a similar spec and age to this television also support Miracast.

What is Miracast? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Wi-Fi Direct

The FWL-48W705 supports Wi-Fi Direct, as do most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that are a comparable age to this TV.

What is Wi-Fi Direct? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has an Ethernet Port

The FWL-48W705 has an ethernet port. Most of the other televisions of this age and type also have an ethernet port.

What is an ethernet port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Packaging Content

Does Not Have a Pair of 3D Glasses Included

The FWL-48W705 does not have a pair of 3D glasses included. Most of the other televisions of this age and spec do have a pair of 3D glasses included.

What is a pair of 3D glasses included? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Mounting Kit

The FWL-48W705 has a mounting kit, as do most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been on the market for around the same time as this television.

What is a mounting kit? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Management Features

Supports Picture-in-Picture

The Sony FWL-48W705 supports Picture-In-Picture, as do most of the other TVs that were released more than two years ago.

What is Picture-In-Picture? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Picture-in-Picture

The FWL-48W705 supports Picture-in-Picture, as do most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that have been available for around the same time as this TV.

What is Picture-in-Picture? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Features Local Dimming

The FWL-48W705 features local dimming, which is unusual. Most of the other televisions of a similar type and age to this TV do not feature local dimming.

What is local dimming? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports 24p

The FWL-48W705 supports 24p, as do most of the other comparable spec TVs that have been on the market for a similar time to this television.

What is 24p? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Ports & Interfaces

Has a PC in (D-Sub) Port

The FWL-48W705 has a PC in (D-Sub) port. Most of the other televisions of a similar type and age to this TV do not have a PC in (D-Sub) port.

What is a PC in (D-Sub) port? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Certificates

Has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Certified

The FWL-48W705 has a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified, as do most of the other medium display diagonal TVs that are a comparable age to this TV.

What does "Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Smart TV

Supports Screen Mirroring

The FWL-48W705 supports screen mirroring. Most of the other comparable spec TVs that have been on the market for more than two years also support screen mirroring.

What is screen mirroring? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Internet TV

The Sony FWL-48W705 supports internet TV, as do most of the other televisions that have been on the market for a similar time to this TV.

What is internet TV? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports Smart TV

The FWL-48W705 supports Smart TV, as do most of the other TVs of a similar spec and age to this TV.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Supports One Video Apps

The number of video apps supported by the FWL-48W705 is more than most comparable spec TVs that are a similar age to it. This Sony TV supports a YouTube video apps, which is the most frequently supported video apps supported by TVs that have been available for more than two years.

What does "video apps" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Weight & Dimensions

Average Depth

The FWL-48W705 has a pretty typical depth (57 millimeters) compared to most of the other similar spec TVs that have been on the market for around the same time as this television.

Televisions with a thicker depth that might be worth considering include the 42LY960 (55.1mm and cheaper), or the 47LY760 (£743.61) (56mm and cheaper) both from LG.

What does "depth" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Manufacturer Part Numbers sony hdpt1148ir10, sony kfwl48w705c, sony fwl48w705c, part fwl48w705c, sony p239792p
Barcodes 04053162880887, 04548736008236, 05013493258365, 05054629923139, 05712505494356, 07330381684135

Sony FWL-48W705 Review Sources

To prepare this Sony FWL-48W705 review we compared this TV to 4,717 other models. For each TV that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 1,041,409 product attributes, 85,840 TV reviews and 3,937,500 historical TV prices from 204 TV retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this TV compared to the other models as well as any areas where this TV is lacking.

Other TVs to Consider

LG 43LF540

LG
43LF540

£ 279.99
£568 Cheaper
One more RF ports quantity
Two composite video ins
10W lower RMS rated power
LG 49LF540

LG
49LF540

£ 489.99
£358 Cheaper
Two composite video ins
Better energy efficiency rating
Lower RMS rated power
Sony KDL-40RD450

Sony
KDL-40RD450

£ 389.99
£458 Cheaper
One more audio (L,R) out
47% lighter
Two less HDMI ports quantitys
Philips 40PFT6550

Philips
40PFT6550

£ 399.00
£449 Cheaper
75% faster motion interpolation frequency
Three USB 2.0 ports
One less audio in port
Philips 32PFT6500

Philips
32PFT6500

£ 349.99
£498 Cheaper
2x lighter
60% faster motion interpolation frequency
One less audio in port
Samsung UE48J5100

Samsung
UE48J5100

£ 369.00
£479 Cheaper
One more RF port
One month newer
Only one USB 2.0 port
Feedback