Close
Share on
Genius WideCam 1050
Genius WideCam 1050
+ 1 Video

Loading image...

Genius WideCam 1050 Webcam

£72.40
£55.69 £16.71 cheaper than 20 days ago
5MP 1280 X 720 Stand Mar 2013
Built-In Microphone Megapixel Maximum Video Resolution Mounting Type Release Date
Good brand
Quite high megapixel
Has a built-in microphone
13 Reviews
Amazon UK £55.69 Go to Store
1 Price from 1 Store | £55.69 | Price Trend | Get Price Alerts
You are subscribed to price alerts for this product
Unsubscribe

Price

Price Has Gone Down by £16.71 (23%)

The price has dropped from £72.40 to £55.69 in the last 20 days. Our unique forecasting algorithm looks at historic price trends and predicts the most likely price change over the next 2 weeks. There is a 77% chance that the price will go down further. However the future is never certain and there remains a 23% chance that the price will actually go back up.

Sign up to price alerts to be notified when the price changes.


Reviews

Good Brand

Genius webcams have good ratings on average and across all webcams Genius is one of the better rated manufacturers.


Other

Released Over Four Years Ago

This webcam has been on the market since March 2013.


Design

Has a Built-In Microphone

The WideCam 1050 has a built-in microphone. Most of the other webcams that were released around the same time as this webcam also have a built-in microphone.

What is a built-in microphone? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Performance

Quite High Megapixel

With a megapixel of 5 megapixels, the WideCam 1050 has one of the higher megapixels amongst webcams of this age. The megapixels of comparable spec webcams that have been around for a similar time to this webcam range from 0.3MP to 20MP.

If you are looking for a higher megapixel then you might want to look at the Logitech C510 (£49) (8MP and higher rated), or the Creative Labs Live! Cam Connect HD (£69.38) (8MP and higher rated).

What does "megapixel" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

1280 X 720 Pixels Video Resolution

The highest video resolution of the WideCam 1050 is 1280 x 720 pixels. That's over three times the video resolution of the most frequently found maximum video resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. The worst video resolution of all webcams that have been available for a similar time to this webcam is 640 x 480 pixels and the best is 1600 x 1200 pixels.

What does "maximum video resolution" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Does Not Have an Auto Focus

The WideCam 1050 does not have an auto focus, although it is worth keeping in mind that most of the other webcams that have been on the market for around the same time as this webcam also do not have an auto focus.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Has a Photo Feature

The WideCam 1050 has a photo feature. Most of the other webcams of this age and type also have a photo feature.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

1280 X 720 Still Image Resolution

The highest still image resolution of the WideCam 1050 is 1280 x 720. That's over three times the still image resolution of a 640 x 480 webcam, which is the most frequently found still image resolution. 640 x 480 is also found on this Genius webcam.

This webcam's still image resolution (1280 x 720) is in fact the best still image resolution across all webcams of a comparable type and age to this webcam.

Across similar types of webcam the worst still image resolution is 640 x 480.

Read more Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Not Full HD

This webcam is not full HD.

What does "full HD" mean? Less Chart Hide Chart Edit

Other Features

Has a Manual Focus

The WideCam 1050 has a manual focus. Most of the other webcams of this type and age also have a manual focus.

Chart Hide Chart Edit

Product Identifiers

Barcodes 04710268238515, 05054484701163

Genius WideCam 1050 Review Sources

To prepare this Genius WideCam 1050 review we compared this webcam to 282 other models. For each webcam that we compared, we collated thousands of pieces of information including technical specs, reviews, and prices. In total we analysed 41,192 product attributes, 14,371 webcam reviews and 717,600 historical webcam prices from 0 webcam retailers. We then picked out the standout features of this webcam compared to the other models as well as any areas where this webcam is lacking.

Other Webcams to Consider

£7 Cheaper
Three industry awards
HD quality
£2 Cheaper
Logitech has excellent reviews for its webcams
Top seller
£28 Cheaper
One industry award
Good quality
Feedback